• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds acquiring seeds

I like this guy's idea for acquiring seeds, taken from http://webwonks.org/Hobbies/Peppers/Gardening.html

"Steal chili pods from your enemies gardens in the dead of night. Bring a laxative smeared soup bone for the dog. Remember to wear all black and learn to hoot like an owl. If you have a boombox on your shoulder, turn it off. Kick over their garden gnome while you are there and plant some marijuana seeds. For those of you who are really cool, if you are caught, you will self-destruct with a hand-grenade. "

:lol:

Each year thereafter when I am refreshing the soil for the new season:

* Pull the old plants out and knock all the soil out of the roots into the wheelbarrow.
* Empty the container into a wheelbarrow.
* Break the soil apart.
* (I spend a moment rescuing earthworms right about now. If you are on the planet Mongo, rescue the mongoworms.)
* Add a double handful of chicken or low-salt steer manure to the wheelbarrow. Experienced gardners wait until it exits the chicken or steer first.
* Add a double handful of peat moss or soil amendment to the wheelbarrow.
* Add a handful of Ironite to the wheelbarrow.
* Thoroughly mix the ingredients together in the wheelbarrow.
* Re-pack the container pot with the refreshed soil.

very entertaining read hahah , thanks for the link!

Heres a good one..

"Vigilante seed or pod thieves -

Look for missing chili pods, squirty dog poop all over the yard, and a tipped over garden gnome. Sometimes you can hear their boom boxes in the dead of night or some clown trying to hoot like an owl. There are a number of nontoxic methods to remove these noxious pests from your garden. Set out land mines around your fence line. Do not set them too close to your chili pots. If you have pets or children trudging about in your yard, a better solution is to buy a high power hunting rifle with an infrared sniper scope then set on your roof at night after you first notice "thief spoor" in your yard. If you are religious you might try wearing a skin hat made from a clubbed wombat, jamming a bone through your nose, and voicing this angry curse at your enemy: "May you hang by your aphid-infested, anthrax-infected, pus-lined eyelids from red hot rusty barb wire to keep from falling into a nail lined sewage ditch filled with pissed off cobras, scorpions, tarantulas and lawyers!"

I have used both the 1st and 2nd techiques, bought some fresh habaneros, seeded them and now have several plants. Then, I purchased some frozen scotch bonnets from a local African store but nothing has germinated yet. Then, I purchased some dried dundicut and Guntur Sannam from an East Indian store and so far all 4 Gunturs have popped and 1 dundict. I have a hot bed of Bhut Jolokia that I am trying to germinate but nothing yet(the seeds were dried but also smoked but I thought I would try anyways).

Good luck with that bc!

I got a few dried pods from siling_labuyo of anaheims and chile de arbol. As these arent normally found here we wanted to try and germinate some seeds from these. =)

Back