• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Adding Mycos Ok?

Is adding mycos to MG ok?

it's the only soil I have and I don't want it to go to waste and I'd like ti add mycos if I can to improve it.

I'm gona buy Pro mix after I deal with the MG. Any thoughts?

This is what I'll be using. It's supposed to be organic fertilizer with BIOZOME. Has beneficial bacteria, Mycos, and Archaea.

EDIT: This thing already has N-P-K (4-4-4), need some input. I'm still gona test it out. I would like advice first.

IMG_20130308_210608.jpg

I did search on here and I ask this because some guys on here say that NPK kills Mycos and beneficial bacteria. Thanks

,Vegas

The MG soil has synthetic fertz in it. They will kill all living beneficial microbes and would be totally pointless to add. Plus, with that MG you won't even need fertz for a while. It will feed your plants for a long time.

MG can kill microbes BUT, it depends on the PH of your soil how much and how often you apply it. It does knock back both good and bad microbes. I make my own soil and don't do the MG till they show signs of needing ferts, when I pot them up they get MG free fresh soil and the cycle begins again. I also apply Epsom Salt, H2O2, and MG when needed. I have plants in the same pots for more than a year now just to see how long they can survive in the different size pots. The key is to experiment, find whats best for your stuff. I've killed lots of plants over the years.. :dance:

Biozome is a combination of three different microorganisms one of which is mycorrhizae so no need to add any more. Try adding a bit of molasses to feed the beneficial bacteria. A heaping teaspoon to a gallon of water works quite well for me.

Biozome is a combination of three different microorganisms one of which is mycorrhizae so no need to add any more. Try adding a bit of molasses to feed the beneficial bacteria. A heaping teaspoon to a gallon of water works quite well for me.

Prehensile, Jamison thanks.

Patrick I'm trying to add the Jobe's to MG potting mix.
I guess it's a no go, since it's said that N-P-K kills some or most organisms. I already used up most of the MG today and after it's gone I'm getting Pro-Mix. then I'll just feed with compost tea (fish, seaweed,molasses and some grass cuttings). I read the sticky and for me it seems more beneficial to do tea than to be "freshening " or using chems when plants start to show deficiency.

Thanks for the help guys.

,Vegas

The "MG" will not kill your Myco. Phosphorus levels over 90 PPM can become detrimental to Myco but the small amount in that potting soil will have no negative effects. Also, Myco is not a fertilizer.

The "MG" will not kill your Myco. Phosphorus levels over 90 PPM can become detrimental to Myco but the small amount in that potting soil will have no negative effects. Also, Myco is not a fertilizer.

Thanks, I know Myco isn't a fertilizer. The bag is Myco with organic stuff (ferts). That's one of the reason I'd ask because the NPK on MG is very low, but it's still synthetic. I potted one up with that Jobe's and I'll see what happens, but I don't plan on messing up all of my plants (idk it can happen).

,Vegas

So is there some agreement here? I've been putting the Jobe's into my MG a little at a time, if it's just a waste then I'll save the rest for the big soil mix I'll be doing.

Shawn if you're referring to the Jobes all purpose stuff in the OP I would say you're not wasting your time. Some of the mycorrhizae should survive. Is there any way to get a peek at your roots? The only way to know for sure is by what your roots look like.

I took some pics of a couple of my plants this morning that I've been feeding myco's to along with some molasses water to feed them. If the myco's is flourishing the roots will be fuzzy like these:

DSC028722300x1725_zps08321b92.jpg

Dude! that jobes stuff has Mycos in it? I bet it does ;)
I now get my Myco's from a similar product. BUT, I only use a pinch in my AACT. I don't use it for NPK, I use it for a cheap source of Mycos...

Read this post for more info:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37461-found-a-cheap-source-of-mycos-micros/page__hl__kellogg#entry778629

Back