• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Advice for my Bishops Crown

Try not to think about it too hard 
Just switch the the powerfeed, you've done the repot, now wait for 2 weeks and see what happens

BTW fellow IT guy here...

Powelly said:
Try not to think about it too hard 
Just switch the the powerfeed, you've done the repot, now wait for 2 weeks and see what happens

BTW fellow IT guy here...

and cut off the distorted new growth :) 

So  two weeks   wow okay its only been a little over 1 week, on and things haven't changed too much but there is some improvement. New growth isn't as curled up and pale as it was but still quite small. The discolouration on the older leaves hasn't improved yet.

OK,

So I've seen very little if any change in the plant. As some of you suggested, I'm leaning towards my problem is likely lockout of certain nutrients due to the excess P in that fert I was previously using.

I'm thinking of trying to flush the medium its in with rainwater. Is this a good Idea or should I perhaps try re-potting in completely new mix, rinsing off any old medium from the roots - I imagine this would be more disruptive than a flush but perhaps more effective in the long run.

drathag said:
OK,

So I've seen very little if any change in the plant. As some of you suggested, I'm leaning towards my problem is likely lockout of certain nutrients due to the excess P in that fert I was previously using.

I'm thinking of trying to flush the medium its in with rainwater. Is this a good Idea or should I perhaps try re-potting in completely new mix, rinsing off any old medium from the roots - I imagine this would be more disruptive than a flush but perhaps more effective in the long run.

Trim off all the crappy growth then begin your watching period again. It sucks making your plant smaller and chopping off lots of nodes and potential peppers, but sometimes you need to take a step backwards before you can go forwards.
You will be there forever trying to watch old distorted growth correct itself. start a fresh

So things have changed a little. new growth is not distorted but still small and pale. Older leaves that weren't trimmed off are showing intervienal yellowing so I've given her a spray with epsom salts. (1/2 tsp in 500ml)

At this stage its just an experiment to see if it can bounce back. not expecting any pods at this point :(

Back