• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Advice needed

Anybody know whats wrong with these?

010-2.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Thanks

Barry

It's a virus. You can use a liquid copper fungicide spray to get rid of it--for now. It almost always comes back, usually at the end of your season.

I have a tree next to where I grow my peppers that shows up with it every year towards the end of the growing season. It just takes one leaf to fall off and land in a pepper plant for it to spread. If your season is about over I wouldn't worry about it--I don't. If you have a lot of time left in your season then find some copper fungicide spray and go to town. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. The plants are indoors now in a grow tent. I am/was planning on keeping them gowing throughout the winter.

The Serrano is very bad. Is it worth throwing it away?

Personally I wouldn't throw it away as long as you can keep it completely isolated from the other plants.

The advice above about copper spray I'm sure is good, but when I had the problem earlier in the season I just separated the plants and picked off all of the affected leaves. It then just cleared up on its own after a couple weeks. The only other thing I did was to stop misting and water only into the soil. That said, yours look a bit more advanced (the rust) than mine did.

Good luck

rooze

I have nowhere to move the serrano to really. Plus all the plants in the grow tent are covered in rust. I shall picc the the bad leaves and give it some more time.

Thanks

Barry

Ouch, sorry I didn't realize the situation was so bad. Have you tried any sprays, fungicides or any other treatments yet?

Its too cold for them to be outside now so its in doors or nothing. I sprayed them with copper on Saturday and again this morning and I just removed a bunch of leaves. Basically the serrano every leaf is infected.

Be sure to follow the directions with the copper spray and not overdo it. If every leaf is as bad as you say it may be too late. If you're like me you won't give up until the only thing left is stems. Good luck.

Back