• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aerogarden questions

So I picked up this used Aerogarden today
image.jpg

What are some good nutes to get for it? Also, are there any supplies that I really need to get? It didn't come with any baskets or anything. I'll probably get the seed starting kit eventually. I had been looking on Craigslist around here forever and finally saw it today. I can't wait to get something going on it. I kind of want to get a clone or 2 going from my Carribean Red plant.

Does the water pump work?? If so. You. An use rapid rooters..and will not need the basket.. as for nutes... Google them. Very easy to find out... or you can buy the one from aerogarden. I think 30 for a qt that should last you a while

i have 2 of em.. i got the sponges/cages etc in a kit from ebay.. good product and cheap. nutes i use are low dose liquid variety. i am really happy with the results and have potted 3 batches so far..    Steve

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Does the water pump work?? If so. You. An use rapid rooters..and will not need the basket.. as for nutes... Google them. Very easy to find out... or you can buy the one from aerogarden. I think 30 for a qt that should last you a while
Pump is good.  What does the dial on it do? 1-5.

Search online for specific model manual.

"aerogarden xxxxxx manual"

download the pdf.

for nutes i fill with plain water and have a gallon mixed full strength.

top up with that.
advanced nutrients PH perfect line for me.

I'd get confused with all the bells and whistles on that one. I just have the cheapo 3 pod model. Nutes that come with it seem fine. Nice set up you got there!

Chewi said:
I'd get confused with all the bells and whistles on that one. I just have the cheapo 3 pod model. Nutes that come with it seem fine. Nice set up you got there!
Not really many bells and whistles. Only a couple of buttons. But for $60 I think it was a good buy. I downloaded the get started manual and just need to order some of the accessories to get going. I just wish I would have had it earlier in the year to start my seedlings with it. But I'm happy having it now.

I just use 24 hr light to sprout, then swap over to "tomatoes/peppers" after most sprouted.

I have to read the manual every year to figure out how to do the 24 hrs and set the start/stop time.

I am sure they have the starter for the 3 pod one.

If not, a styrofoam lid from a cheapo cooler will make one post haste.

Back