• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

African bird's eye chili (Piri-Piri) ???

African bird's eye chili (Piri-Piri)
This year I bought some seeds and I have been growing them indoors. Now that I see some flowering going on I hope it'll fruit soon so I can try some. But, do these guys ripen at red or orange? The site I bought them on shows orange but, I see some google posts at red is when they're ready.

bangbangchabooky said:
African bird's eye chili (Piri-Piri)
This year I bought some seeds and I have been growing them indoors. Now that I see some flowering going on I hope it'll fruit soon so I can try some. But, do these guys ripen at red or orange? The site I bought them on shows orange but, I see some google posts at red is when they're ready.
I grew them a few years ago from a plant that I got from Refining Fire Chiles. They ripened to red. Maybe an inch long fruits that pack a punch...to me.

bangbangchabooky said:

https://store.puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/products/cp-002-african-bird-orange

I guess i'll see if they fruit orange or red soon. This is the site I purchased them at, I wonder if there is a distinct difference with the piri piri peppers and this "orange bird eye".
Now that one looks like it's gonna be orange. It's from the Christopher Philips collection and he always has rare, new, and different varieties. Good buy! I'd try that one.

Bhuter said:
Now that one looks like it's gonna be orange. It's from the Christopher Philips collection and he always has rare, new, and different varieties. Good buy! I'd try that one.

Def I can't wait till it fruits and to try some!

bangbangchabooky said:

Def I can't wait till it fruits and to try some!
It took me a minute to find this pic, but here are a few of the Peri-Peri I grew at the bottom. Your orange look like they may be a bit bigger. Very prolific. This was a first harvest before it exploded. Lol

pqBnspi.jpg

Back