After the grow

Many lessons we learn relating to anything that has to do with peppers, unfortunately is by the hard way. Others, we are fortunate to find here when or before we need them. I have a couple to share, one of which may save some skin. It don't take too long to learn you need to protect your hands when processing hot peppers. The problem for me has been finding adiquate protection that won't deceive you into think ingredients and all is well till its too late. I have been reseeding pods all weekend and before I got into it I wanted to find some gloves that fit snuggly as well as provided longlasting REAL protection. Well, I did just that. At about $20.00 for 100 gloves (a bit pricey) they beat everything hands down. No breaking down no leaking and no cumbersome dexterity.

20151026_054314.jpg

Have you ever saved something you knew you could use before you really knew how? Same here. I go through a bit of sausage links and have for some reason, been saving the Styrofoam trays they are packaged with. I thought they might make some good drainage trays for my 1 gal grow containers. Nope. Not happening. They have become my primary seed drying trays. Lite weight, stackable and cheap.

20151025_145230.jpg

It must be me, but I never wear gloves, and never have any 'burning' of my hands when processing peppers.

Being an idiot, and touching my eyes, nose, face, gentials, or other sensitive parts before thoroughly cleaning my hands with 90% IPA before doing so; yes, quite the unpleasant effect.

alkhall said:
It must be me, but I never wear gloves, and never have any 'burning' of my hands when processing peppers.

Being an idiot, and touching my eyes, nose, face, gentials, or other sensitive parts before thoroughly cleaning my hands with 90% IPA before doing so; yes, quite the unpleasant effect.

You didn't say knock on wood!
Looking forward to your next post pepper handling post.

CAPCOM said:
Breaks down to .50 a pair. Pretry tuff for me to cough up $20.00 too. Then I recalled what that 5 hour burn was like. And not being able to touch anything for days without passing on the affects.
I was wondering about those type of gloves.I used some dish washing gloves big NO NO. :shame: I have felt the 5 hour burn and some were longer. :tear:  $20.00 is a small price to pay for no burn. ;)

dragonsfire said:
Why not just use dish washing cloves, just was them before use ??
because in some instances it would be like using chopsticks. also, you could never use them for anything else and the capsaicin would be ever present on them, just waiting to make its presence known to you again.

alkhall said:

:rofl:
shadrack said:
Amen to using gloves!  Sometimes I'll get lazy if I'm only cutting up a few pods for an omelette and skip out on "wasting" a pair. Sure enough later in the day or even next morning when I'm dealing with my contacts I pay for it!  You'd think I'd learn but old habits die hard.

BTW this is what I use, quite a bit cheaper at $13 per 100.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-Nitrile-Large-Disposable-Gloves-100-Count-23890/202638590
been there ! still doing that lol

Back