Air-pots vs Fabric pots

Im curious myself. I used a fabric smart pot this yr and had great results! I of course have never tried an air pot

I used the fabric pots this year and they work well.  The only downside is the they are bio-degradable and you have to replace every 2-3 years.  Don't get me wrong bio-degradable is great but they are an expense to be considered.....hope I was of some help

I used half this year and I can't see any difference between the plants in them and regular pots.  I used 7 gal containers, maybe bigger and there would have been a noticable difference?

Beerswimmer said:
I used half this year and I can't see any difference between the plants in them and regular pots.  I used 7 gal containers, maybe bigger and there would have been a noticable difference?

Perhaps it was another variable that limited the size/output of your grow. Weather, ferts, medium, ammount of sunlight, etc. I'm pretty sure you would notice a difference once you pull them out of their pots.

those fabric pots look like grocery store bags lol those are pot how ever are kinda interesting. air pruning roots to promote more root growth 

I grew in both Airpots and fabric "Dirt Pots" this season, and don't see any real difference in plant growth between the two. Both did their air pruning thing about the same, but I'm leaning towards Airpots because they'll last indefinitely with proper care, they're easier to clean and sterilize between plantings, and it's also easier to get the plants roots out of when up-potting... I had to cut the root ball free from the fabric when I did that. The Airpots are more expensive in the short run, but will save you money in the long run because they're more durable.

I used dirt pots and really like them because they are very easy to move around, and the plants do very well in them..I'll be reusing them next year.
Never tried airpots.

Back