• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aji Amarillo / Aji Yellow

I went to my local Bunnings store today (Australian "everything but food" store) to look at the gardening section now we are full swing into spring, and they have the basic chilli varieties. Siam, yellow/red/Lilac? Cayenne, hungarian hot wax...

Well up the back of the chilli/capsicum section was a group that hadn't been touched. The Aji Yellow. i was very suprised to see something like this at a local store and snapped one up quick smart, not really knowing exactly what it was....

The bloody thing can grow 7 foot tall.:shocked:. That's awesome... I can't wait.

Who else has this variety growing? and is it an easy plant to maintain?

Cheers

P.S. Hats off to bunnings for stocking something that isn't main stream!!!!!:clap:

Not exactly the same, but other baccatums named Aji xxxx, they can grow very tall indeed, they outgrew all other plants while still indoors under lights! They take a while to flower, but are very prolific, here's a pic of my Aji White Wax:

DSC02473.jpg

I have an Aji Amarillo growing and it is doing quite well...probably 5 feet tall...to me it seems that it would grow well in a "cage" to support the branches...they are kinda "brittle" and break quite easily...it has a bunch of fruit on it and again, the fruit did not set until the weather cooled off...this is my observation...I will post a pic this evening when I get home from work...it is a very healthy looking plant...

here is my Aji Amarillo...two pics...one of the plant and one of the peppers...

100408c001.jpg

can't really tell because of no scale but the biggest is probably 10 cm long...

100408c002.jpg

Thanks AJ, that's a great looking plant....

Gives me a good idea of what spacing i need to give it.

Can't wiat till it gets growing!!

Mate i think they were about $5 a plant and they are about 8 inches tall already, and strong.....

They can grow up to 6 - 7 foot tall!!!!:shocked:

moyboy said:
Mate i think they were about $5 a plant and they are about 8 inches tall already, and strong.....

They can grow up to 6 - 7 foot tall!!!!:shocked:

Sweet, i wonder what company has decided to start selling seedlings :) 8" tall already can't go wrong with $5 :)

Back