Aji Charapita Peppers

ashley1592 said:
BB sized when dried, slightly bigger when fresh. Thank you for the link!

The Hot Pepper said:
Haha. I was just surprised no one else mentioned it. ;)

Here's a link http://thehotpepper.com/forum/18-forum-ads/

ashley1592 said:
I'm considering posting to the forums. I would really like some feedback for pricing. I have found only 1 listing online for the peppers for sale, not the seeds. I definitely won't be selling by the pound, we are a small family farm and we didnt plant too many of these. They would be whole dried pods. With nothing to compare it to I've hit a wall with pricing. Thanks!

Voodoo 6 said:
Maybe get a small flat rate box and see how many fit in there. Determine how much you want for said box. I am sure people would like to try them, and the seeds will be an added bonus. If the price is right, I wouldn't mind getting a box.

ashley1592 said:
Thank you for that suggestion! These are very small and our harvest wouldn't be large enough to fill a SFRB. :)

Jubnat said:
I really don't think anyone would pay anywhere near this. These are just peppers that anyone can easily get the seeds for, and easily grow. You can even get them from Baker Creek seeds, and everyone and their mother gets their vegetable seeds from them nowadays. Anything can be the most expensive pepper in the world if you put that price on it...but that doesn't do anyone any good if no one buys it.
It's all bull...

Anyway...if you don't know what price to sell them at, just run an auction, and let the buyers dictate the cost.

Voodoo 6 said:
Apologies Ashley, I didn't realize how small they were. I can see how they would be difficult to harvest at that size. Would like to purchase a few pods to send to a special gal. 
Run an auction for fresh pods :!:
Though you are new, it would be a good way to show that you are legit and can provide pods 'rare/uncommon' ones at that.

:think:  since i grow more than 50 new to me varieties each year, and i have lots more small wilds/semi-wilds growing this year that i will be trying for the first time, and trying multiple ways as to find their best use myself... I would not be bidding on said auction for Charapita pods. as i'm about to have plenty of wild smol pods.
 But i'm really curious to see how it goes for you and what they go for to a new member, maybe even a new Vendor ? 

Do you have a Glog where other members can see your plants, and you can have a place to describe your soil/amendments, growing conditions, etc. ?

That may help selling your pods within this community here.

best of luck 

:cheers: 

Voodoo 6 said:
Apologies Ashley, I didn't realize how small they were. I can see how they would be difficult to harvest at that size. Would like to purchase a few pods to send to a special gal. 
Once they have been dried out and we settle on a price I will let you know!

Right on! Those type of peppers are usually packed with seeds, so you have to consider you are not only providing a pepper but seeds as well. Looking forward to this! Thanks and Cheers!

I picked my first ripe Aji today.
All the talk of fruity.

What I got was Hot!:)

I wanted to get flavor but it tasted like every hot pepper. I hope I can start discerning flavors. Otherwise I'm just hurting myself.

It tasted like a reaper or habanero, just not as hot.

First of all welcome to the Forum,

there are miltiple options avalible most of which require drying.

forexample.
Drying pods & grinding them into a powder.

or if you are feeling adventurous you could always try make your own sauce, i know i would be intrested in buying some,
however im not sure how the quarantine laws would apply 

I'm sorry for the delay in replying recently!

Someone asked for pictures to show that we are legit since I'm new here. Our Facebook is www.facebook.com/autumnsharvestpeppers. I try to update there every few days with pictures and what we currently have.

Other questions/answers:

We do have them available for sale in dried pod form, you can find the price on our page.

Yes, people are buying them.

We aren't doing any sauces, our licensing doesn't allow that, sorry!

The flavor: yes, they are very hot. I personally have zero heat tolerance but my husband says they taste hot but a little tropical. To me it's just hot and I feel like my face is going to burn off (ha).

In other news, our lemon drops are coming in and so are our chocolate 7 pots. We have ghost pepper powder bottles again. We're working on a few other powders and products. Experimenting with some smoked peppers right now too.

If I missed a question, let me know. Sorry for the delay guys!

Pure dried pods. We sell almost all of our products in glass bottles. Just trying to keep everyone updated. I'm still new to the site and figuring out the layout and how to post.

Attachments

• 20180720_001515.jpg
    20180720_001515.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 59
ashley1592 said:
Pure dried pods. We sell almost all of our products in glass bottles. Just trying to keep everyone updated. I'm still new to the site and figuring out the layout and how to post.
Looks like Lemonheads glued to golf tees next to a jar of caramel corn. Lol

Ghaleon said:
Have you eaten any? I see people on here talking about growing them but no one is saying whether or not they're satisfied with them.

I love them.  I think mine were about the heat level of a Jalapeno but the heat dissipates faster.  Several friends who tried them said the same thing.  A nice kick that doesn't linger.
I'm growing 5 this year and I hope to try a 100% Aji Charapita sauce just for kicks.  And maybe sell it to a shiek for $10k. :)

Back