• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aji Evergreen

man i think i may have a new strain of Aji growing right now, i have a bunch of aji lemon drops and pineapples growing and there are tons of nice size pods. One plant gave me a ripe one about a week ago and i thought it would be on!! but every day since i have been baffled to see a bunch of green pods. These things take forever!! my habaneros set fruit after the aji's and they have a bunch of ripe pods already. Aji Evergreens?

LOL!

What's worse is when they start to turn yellow at one tip.  You think, "Yea, this one will be done before you know it!"  And then you watch the yellow creep oh.....so.....slowly up the pod.  GRRR!!

OTOH, my A.Limons are pretty dang tasty even when green.  Give em a try - picking a few may even send the plant a message to "Hurry the heck up!"

Are your Lemon Drops c.baccatums?  How do they compare to the Pineapple?  I understand the Pineapples are very similar, but lack the slight 'soap' taste that the Limon's often have.  That sounds just about perfect!

My Lemon Drops and aji pineapples look exactly the same, there is one aji pineapple plant i have out of the bunch that has a little stubbier pods but overall  they are hard to tell apart. A lot of pods have a slight yellow tinge but have been like that for weeks.  I am so tempted to pick green ones but i have been slapping my wrist moments before. :banghead:

Back