Aji Fantasy Pod Test

These are hands down my favorite pepper to date. And the white is even better. Despite what the descriptions say, the white (at least the one I have) is so sweet my fingers would be sticky after harvesting seeds. I feel like people generally say "sweet pepper" when they mean to say "a not hot pepper." Aji Fantasy, particularly the white, is actually sweet.

Great review of a great pepper.

Wicked Mike said:
These are hands down my favorite pepper to date. And the white is even better. Despite what the descriptions say, the white (at least the one I have) is so sweet my fingers would be sticky after harvesting seeds. I feel like people generally say "sweet pepper" when they mean to say "a not hot pepper." Aji Fantasy, particularly the white, is actually sweet.

Great review of a great pepper.
Thanks WM! I still have those seeds for the white version you gave me. Will definitely grow those next season.
moruga welder said:
nice review bro !     :onfire:
Thanks!

Malarky said:
beautiful pod, thanks for sharing Peter.
Maybe use it as a base for a sauce?
Thanks! It's hard to say. Might be good mixed with some MOA Scotch Bonnet in a fruit based sauce? I haven't done enough sauce making to really know, but if were experimenting, I'd try something like that. I think a vinegar based sauce would detract from the pepper more than the pepper would add back though.

Nice review! I had no idea they are so big.

As for a sauce, I made Aji pineapple sauce last year, and it has a funny flavor which I didn't like. I do blend them with like red Trinidad congos, and that sauce is good.

By the way, that's a Carolina wren singing in the background!

Awesome review I subbed to your YT channel. My name on YT is theitalian556.
I love the fact that the Aji's are so sweet! I happen to be growing Aji Fantasy this yr and my plant is healthy and has baby pods. Cant wait to review it also!

megahot said:
Awesome review I subbed to your YT channel. My name on YT is theitalian556.
I love the fact that the Aji's are so sweet! I happen to be growing Aji Fantasy this yr and my plant is healthy and has baby pods. Cant wait to review it also!
Thanks! I found your channel and subbed you too. Your latest grow update looks great. I think you'll like the Aji Fantasy. It's a beautiful pod, and tastes really good. I wish I had grown it sooner.
mpicante said:
Great review and good pepper too!!!
Thanks!
jakester said:
Nice review! I had no idea they are so big.

As for a sauce, I made Aji pineapple sauce last year, and it has a funny flavor which I didn't like. I do blend them with like red Trinidad congos, and that sauce is good.

By the way, that's a Carolina wren singing in the background!
Thanks! Thanks for identifying the bird too :)

Peter S said:
Might be good mixed with some MOA Scotch Bonnet in a fruit based sauce? I haven't done enough sauce making to really know, but if were experimenting, I'd try something like that. I think a vinegar based sauce would detract from the pepper more than the pepper would add back though.

Agreed. I've turned out some pretty bombastic hot sauces/syrups using tropical fruits that can be grown myself (citrus, pineapple, lychee, passionfruit, mango, etc). Vinegar-based sauces have their place, but I personally find lemon juice less harsh and more flavorful.

Back