Aji Lemon Drops Dropping...

I have four Baccatum  Aji Lemon drops growing in Walmart bags.  Day time temps are at 90F
Night time temps hover at 78-80F

When they first started podding up, I got some 2&1/2 inch peppers (@ 8 pieces) and they were textbook examples and even more so after ripening to a brilliant yellow.

A couple weeks ago I noticed about thirty or so 1&1/2 inch peppers had dropped to the ground.  The entire stem was included in the drop.  No bugs.  The plants were and are still loaded with peppers  & some flowers though.

However, since the dropping of  the peppers,  I now have no pepper longer than 1&1/2 inch.  Some of those have ripened but are a darker yellow not as brilliant.  They seem to have stopped growing.   I'm thinking my plants are in decline  

OR could it be it's just too hot?  

LemonDrops2_zps88118494.jpg
LemonDrops3_zpsfcf66539.jpg

LemonDrops_zps3ab90908.jpg

Pics?

I had habs do something similar near the end of the season last year and I think it was a fungus/virus issue..

The plants looks good to me.  I've had yellowing OLD bottom leaves fall off.   The peppers just don't seem to be getting any bigger.  Kind of stunted even though there has been new plant growth.

They have had rotating diet of AACT and Maxibloom since setting of fruit applied @ every two weeks.

3 1/2 hours direct morning sun and filtered sun rest of day.

Plants look perfect . It is just the heat . 90 degrees will piss any living organism off . My pod size always diminishes the deeper into summer we go  :rolleyes:

romy6 said:
 Plants look perfect . It is just the heat . 90 degrees will piss any living organism off . My pod size always diminishes the deeper into summer we go  :rolleyes:

Just picked these up ::::dammmmm
LemonDropsfallen_zps06eebd4d.jpg

Looks like it might just be a fungus or something... The way the tips or the stems look like ight indicate that... I am not a pro by any means.

Have you bothered to cut open a few pods, and examine them with a magnifying glass?  Just thinking about tmudder's experience with weevils...

romy6 said:
 Looks a little like BER . Might just be a calcium deficiency . 
Romy, I just got some cal-mag yesterday.. following your suggestion.  Lets see how it works out!  I just gave my plant a neem treatment so i am waiting until the weekend to do the calmag. Thanks!

Roguejim said:
Have you bothered to cut open a few pods, and examine them with a magnifying glass?  Just thinking about tmudder's experience with weevils...
Just cut open a few.  No bugs that I can see under magnification.   The ENTIRE pepper's stem detached/separated from where it joined the node.  The stems you see are brown and shriveled coz  they have been on the ground for a week or so.

I'm beginning to think the plant aborted them for heat reasons.  Dunno...

ETA:  When they fall off the plant, the stem and pepper are in perfect condition.  Pepper is juicy and spicy to taste.  Only at the point where the stem was attached to a node can you see a tiny pinpoint of discoloration.
The stem and pepper were jettisoned !

Emald001 said:
Romy, I just got some cal-mag yesterday.. following your suggestion.  Lets see how it works out!  I just gave my plant a neem treatment so i am waiting until the weekend to do the calmag. Thanks!
blossom end rot happens at the end of the pepper not the stem. It looks like your stems are rotting / drying up for some reason.

Back