• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Aji Limon plants not the same as producing different pods

I bought some Aji Limon seeds and have about 10 plants.  They all seemed to grow similarly and the pods all looked similar but at harvest time the plants produced peppers that were different in color and size.   I wonder if anyone can identify the three pepper varieties.

Some plants had small yellow pods and some much larger ones:

IMG_7774.JPG

Then a couple of plants had these large red ones:

IMG_7773.JPG

Any ideas?

IDK where you bought your seeds, but the large yellow ones, and the red ones look about 100% like aji limo. They usually change a few colors from green, before ending up red or yellow.

Capsicum Chinense from Peru.

Aji limo are delicious, some of my favorite chiles to cook chicken and fish dishes with. Try them out with ceviche sometime

Thegreenchilemonster said:
IDK where you bought your seeds, but the large yellow ones, and the red ones look about 100% like aji limo. They usually change a few colors from green, before ending up red or yellow.

Capsicum Chinense from Peru.

Aji limo are delicious, some of my favorite chiles to cook chicken and fish dishes with. Try them out with ceviche sometime

Aji limo is what I wanted so I guess that is what the larger ones are so I will go with that.  Not sure about those smaller ones.  They grew that size on the plants not mixed with the larger ones.

Back