• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji limon wilting....

I've repotted, replaced the soil, and watered extra. Still it wilts. I've done what i think should be done but still it happens. I managed to fix it for a couple weeks and has bounced back, once it gets reestablished it wilts up again. The leaves are all normal and very healthy aside from wilting like it's super thirsty. Which is quite odd because i water it daily. It's only 7 inches tall and in a 16 oz plastic cup.

Will post pix in the morning

Would planting it in te ground fix this problem? Thought it was my growing medium, replaced it once before. Replaced it again and it's slowly bouncing back again. Any thoughts to this? It's currently on a window ledge along with the other peppers and tomatoes.

The other aji limon as i managed to germinate two is doing fine.

Any help is appreciated.

For what it's worth, my Aji Limons seem to wilt before any of my others, they are in 5 gallon containers though. I give them a good flooding of water at least once a week and the climate here is not hot by any means.

Yep, my hot lemons do the same, they seem really fussy. all three of my plants are doing the same and have done so all summer. top leaves are curled upward and bottom leaves are dropping. upward curled leaves generally point to lack of magnesium, so what did I do..... you guessed it, nailed them with epsom salts - they hated that even more....good news is I got some decent size pods and now have seeds.

If the leaf edges are wilted more than the center it's probably a Potassium deficiency, you must NOT give them Magnesium which blocks Potassium uptake and will make the problem worse.

Flush the soil several times then feed with a equal fertilizer and hope and pray.

here's a picture of the plant:

34a674bf.jpg

thank you for the tips. but i don't think that's what's happening. my plants are only getting morning sun for a couple hours then it's just ambient light for the rest of the day. lack of sun maybe? doubt it. it bounced back after i took off some leaves and gave it a good watering then it's like this again after a couple weeks later.

wahhh...i don't want it to die on me. lol. i'm running out of seed for this and i wanna keep it going.

this is a picture this morning. it looked a lot worse yesterday. the larger leaves on the lower part of the plant is yellowing slightly. it's starting to come back today but it's not very happy still. =(

already replaced the soil yesterday and gave it a good watering.

maybe overwatering?

i water my plants very little everyday. i water them when they're in cups like that around 30ml of water everyday. they tend to wilt the next day and after that watering they're good again.

so i doubt it. =D

well i finally decided to f it and plant this guy in the ground tomorrow morning. if it doesn't do well then that plant just isn't for me. i've got a 2nd aji lemon plant that's doing better but with curled down leaves but is still alive, doing way better than that one i posted. so good luck to me on this variety. if not i'll just resow some seeds and redo it all over again.i think i got like 3 seeds left. =(

I am a complete newbie to this- but I noticed that my Aji's flop over faster than all the others, all summer. For what its worth, the one with the scrawne\iest, unhealthiest looking leaves is the one that has pods, now. the bushy, healthy looking ones just started to think about budding.

I am a complete newbie to this- but I noticed that my Aji's flop over faster than all the others, all summer. For what its worth, the one with the scrawne\iest, unhealthiest looking leaves is the one that has pods, now. the bushy, healthy looking ones just started to think about budding.

i too have a 2nd aji limon plant that looks a lot healthier than the wilting one. it's planted close to it. i'll take pictures tomorrow morning.

thank you for the comment celeste.

my aji limon that's doing a bit better then the wilted one, granted this one got overfertilized. lol. these things don't like ferts.

6343c2fd.jpg

as you can see, i took off three leaves on the wilted one. it's still alive. the first time it wilted i took off almost all the leaves and it got better.... and then it started wilting again... i hope by taking off some of the leaves i took off a bit of the load on the plant and make it stand up a bit more....

22d24eb1.jpg

ok so i've been checking in on it twice a day. and I've noticed that it's fine when the sun is low or at night and it wilts during the day. it didn't used to do this. i know sometimes that it's normal for pepper plants to do this. but i'm still worried coz it's already shaded under a tree and gets some sun during morning and then just ambient light the rest of the day.

what do you guys think?

so it's been about a couple weeks. it hasn't wilted yet, at least while i was around i didn't see it wilt or anything. i hope it continues to keep doing better. guess all it needed was more growing space.

5c4c0225.jpg

thanks to everyone who tried helping me.

yes it does. and i hope it keeps getting better. the weathere here's gonna mess it up since there's a monster typhoon passing through my country. wahhhh

Back