Aji Peruvian Pod Test

moruga welder said:
another great review my friend  ! just need to up the volume , little tough to hear you .       :onfire:
Thanks! I do have a tendency to mumble, and soft spoken, lol. I ordered a new mic that should help, I hope. 

Aren't most Aji varieties Peruvian? Just curious, didn't know this was something other than Aji Rojo. If it is different, I gotta try it out next year. Aji's grow wonderfully for me every year down here

twilliams386 said:
Aren't most Aji varieties Peruvian? Just curious, didn't know this was something other than Aji Rojo. If it is different, I gotta try it out next year. Aji's grow wonderfully for me every year down here
I don't know, I think many are from what I've seen listed and discussed. The seed for this one came from pepperlover. I meant to put a link to it in the video description, but here it is http://pepperlover.com/pepper-seeds/pepper-species/capsicum-baccatum/aj%C3%AD-peruvian-detail

Peter S said:
I don't know, I think many are from what I've seen listed and discussed. The seed for this one came from pepperlover. I meant to put a link to it in the video description, but here it is http://pepperlover.com/pepper-seeds/pepper-species/capsicum-baccatum/ají-peruvian-detail
Very cool. My red Aji and pineapple Aji plants are killing it this year. My red looks very similar to your Peruvian as far as plant growth and structure. Pods look slightly different though. So yours go through that mustardy brownish phase right before turning red as well? Most other reds I've grown seem to just go green/orangeish/bright red. Not this one

mpicante said:
Very nice job on the review.I grew those a couple of back very nice pepper.
Thanks!
twilliams386 said:
Very cool. My red Aji and pineapple Aji plants are killing it this year. My red looks very similar to your Peruvian as far as plant growth and structure. Pods look slightly different though. So yours go through that mustardy brownish phase right before turning red as well? Most other reds I've grown seem to just go green/orangeish/bright red. Not this one
Yeah, they do seem to turn a weird color before going red, like a tan/peach.

Great review! These are really tasty. Got my seeds from Judy, also. Everything you said about them is what I'm seeing.

Jelly, eh? Might give that a try...

jakester said:
Great review! These are really tasty. Got my seeds from Judy, also. Everything you said about them is what I'm seeing.

Jelly, eh? Might give that a try...
Thanks! I made a little mixed powder blend with them already. Turned out pretty good.

Back