• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue ?Aji Pineapple? turning...black?

Got some Aji PIneapple seeds through trade and was really looking forward to trying them.  Plants popped up nice and quick, started budding, a few finger sized peppers.  Waited for them to turn yellow, and they turned black instead.  Pods are nice and firm, half black and half green.  Never heard of peppers turning black before...any ideas of what I really have instead?

Attachments

• 2021-05-17 09.03.35.jpg
    2021-05-17 09.03.35.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 2021-05-17 09.03.41.jpg
    2021-05-17 09.03.41.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 120
Solution
theboogeyman said:
Got some Aji PIneapple seeds through trade and was really looking forward to trying them.  Plants popped up nice and quick, started budding, a few finger sized peppers.  Waited for them to turn yellow, and they turned black instead.  Pods are nice and firm, half black and half green.  Never heard of peppers turning black before...any ideas of what I really have instead?

Actually leaves, stems, pods often turn a dark purple/black when exposed to bright UV's.
theboogeyman said:

Actually leaves, stems, pods often turn a dark purple/black when exposed to bright UV's.

Solution
Back