chinense AjiJoe`s Red Hand Grenade Habanero

Another Ajijoe exclusive variety and this one is a real winner!!!

The flavor is sweet, very fruity and juicy with the typical Habanero C.chinense flavor profile, changing over time to incorporate a scorpion-like flavour. There`s plenty of acidity to balance the other flavours and overall it is a delicious pepper.

The heat come along slowly, but really starts to fry the surface of tongue and is really quite hot. It isn`t Trinidad Red Scorpion-like in heat, but is far above that of a Habanero. The mix of great flavor and respectable heat make it a great all-around package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVTyvzQds4o&feature=youtu.be

Try his "Chocolate Hand Grenade" habenero.
It's one of the few I brought inside for winter peppers.
Mine didn't seem to be Scorpion level hot, but a very nice "brown hab pod" flavour.

Gotrox said:
Mine didn't seem to be Scorpion level hot, but a very nice "brown hab pod" flavour.
Review should be up sometime next week  :)

thanks again nigel

great one again as usual

i knew nothing about this one except that it was supposed to be brown, i harvested these right near the end and did not get a chance to try one so this review came in handy
i had 3 plants that where supposed to all be brown, two were one was red, im not aware if there was any scorpion in its liniage

i noticed you where in a bit of pain there, if its anything like the chocolate it will be quite hot, this line has Black Congo Hab in its blood and im sure that has much to do with it

thanks your friend Joe
Gotrox said:
im honored that you overwintered it, this should be interesting to see how prolific they are over a longer period of time

thanks im glad you like it

your friend Joe
SL3 said:
Nice looking pepper. Ajijoe must grow everything on his list. Can't wait to see whats next.
not everything but close
Nigel said:
Review should be up sometime next week  :)
:woohoo: :woohoo: cant wait

I have a chocolate hand grenade that ripens red. Tasty!!! I too am going to overwinter this one. It throws tons of pods! I guess I should refer to it as red hand grenade though lol! Great pepper, glad you got to try Nigel!! Joe has a winner here for sure!

Chewi said:
I have a chocolate hand grenade that ripens red. Tasty!!! I too am going to overwinter this one. It throws tons of pods! I guess I should refer to it as red hand grenade though lol! Great pepper, glad you got to try Nigel!! Joe has a winner here for sure!
thanks chewi!!

Back