food AJs Stuffed Bell Peppers

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
Hope you all don't mind me sharing my cooking with you.

I whipped this up this afternoon. Not a quick dish to cook but the end results are worth the work.

Ingredients:

2 pounds ground pork
6 medium to large bell peppers
6 Jalapenos
Bacon
1 Large White Onion
3/4 Tsp Allspice
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt (then salt to tasteP
Several Pinches of Cinnamon
1 Tsp Thyme
2/3 Cup Tomato Paste (10 ounces)
1 Cup Cooked Rice
2 Cups Broth (I use chicken but vegetable would be good)
4 tsp Paprika
10 Ounces Yogurt
1 Sliced Tomato
6 Cloves Garlic

stuffedpeppers001or0.jpg
[/IMG]

Clean peppers and prepare the stuffing as follows:

Mix ground pork, diced onion, minced garlic, 6 pieces raw bacon cut into 3 cm pieces,6 Tsp tomato paste, rice, thyme, allspice, black pepper, salt, and cinnamon.

Arrange in baking pan with a little room left between each pepper. Pour broth in bottom of pan. Top the stuffed peppers with a slice of tomato and diced jalapenos. Sprinkle paprika on top. I found this big Anaheim chili at the grocery and stuffed it too.

stuffedpeppers004vg6.jpg
[/IMG]

Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about an hour. Pour sauce in bottom of pan into a sauce pan. Reduce by half. Stir in remaining tomato paste and yogurt. Season to taste and pour over peppers.

They are cooking right now...will post final picture when done.

bubbaschili said:
what flavor yogart??

Just plain yogurt Bubba.

Here are the final product photos.

stuffedpeppersfinal001fj4.jpg
[/IMG]

This was a big anaheim pepper with a pretty good sized jalapeno on top.

stuffedpeppersfinal002hy1.jpg
[/IMG]

I think you mis-spelled it..

texas blues said:
AJ..you sure you are not Hungarian? I grew up on stuffed peppers...those look wonderful! Cheers, TB.

I a "hungaryone" originally from a dirt farming family in south Mississippi. Thanks TB, must admit, they were pretty good and the wife sat there and wiped sweat while she was saying how much she liked them. I added some of my pepper powder to the meat mixture before stuffing. I left that part out of the recipe.

POTAWIE said:
Those look great.:drooling: The yogourt sounds weird but I'm sure it works.

Thanks Potawie. I agreed the yogurt sounds weird but it made the sauce kinda creamy and added a little "mediteranean" flavor to the sauce.

POTAWIE said:
Do you often see Anaheims that big in Texas and what about red/ripe ones?

I don't know where that anaheim was grown. I got them at Central Market here in Fort Worth and they always have fresh veggies and peppers. Central Market does a lot of importing from Mexico and I have seed stuff from South America there. This is the biggest anaheim I have seen to date and it was absolutely delicious. I have not seen any red/ripe ones. I did save the seeds out of this one though. I got probably 35 or 40 seeds and will try and germinate in about 30 days or so. If anyone is interested, I will gladly send some seeds until they are gone.

Thanks Pcola...Bon Apetite

mmmm... I love stuffed peppers.
I have a totally different recipe you're all welcome to try, I'll look for it.
Got it from my mum, who got it from her mum, who got it from her mum (fact checked) and I just naturally assume she got it from her mum...

Back