• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Akybra Glogs

Hello guys,

I thought I will show some pictures even if nothing there is really impressive, it's just a start for us, it's been going on since one or 2 month and... I think we did a little too much chillies...

Right now I am growing:

- Habaneros
- Cayenne
- Thaï chillis
- Chiltepin
- Bhut Jolokia
- Fatalii
- Numex Suave Orange
- Maules Red Hot
- Poinsettia
- Uba Tuba

I do also grow couple of "non-chillies" stuff, but I do not know if that really feets in the grow log.

Here are some in the big green house (don't mind the corn down there, it's not in our allotment, and there is some tomatoes too)

IMAG0410.jpg

Some more here (and some Crystal lemon cucumbers down there)​

IMAG0409.jpg

And due to a lack of pots, here are some more (well with some cherry tomatoes too):​

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

Lucky us, we finally found some more pots and we are getting more space due to the move of some tomatoes and corn.​
Problem is... We still have some more that we put in a heated propagator... We really went too big on that one...​

IMAG0414.jpg

Funny enough, I took those pictures a week ago and I feel like they are already much bigger.​
There is some classic Cayenne in there, Sweet peppers and some others (Krishna Jolokia - I never remember how you right that - , some Thaï chillies, Habaneros, and in the propagator some Chiltepins, Numex Suave, Bhut Jolokia, etc)​

It's really a beginning for us and I think next time we will grow less than that!​

Well sorry for the double post but... We have our first chilis and a beautiful purple flower on our Krishna Jolokia so I wanted to share!
So here we go, the garden changed quite a lot so now 2 walk in green houses are sitting there instead of one!

719884DSC03550.jpg

DSC03552.JPG

DSC03553.JPG

DSC03554.JPG

DSC03555.JPG

DSC03557.JPG

DSC03559.JPG

DSC03561.JPG

Otherwise the other green house is almost only tomatoes (Alicante, Brown berry and Riesentaube)
And we have a tiny tiny first one that we named it Nevel...

I can't wait to eat Nevel! :)

DSC03567.JPG

As you can see, loads are still growing and taking time, but the season was so late here and I can see how much they are enjoying the sunshine that finally appeared this Friday!

To Thank you for your patience, enjoy a bit of our stupid dog, Baldric:

DSC03361.JPG

It's quite impressive to see how much you can learn from a first experience, there is still so much, so so much to learn but to see some results makes everything worth the amount of time spend with those lovely chili plants!

Sorry again for the double post
And thanks again to all of you, all those posts I'm reading are making a real difference in the way we are working on our little chilis.

You have a nice grow going there, Aky! The plants are producing
some nice pods. As for the space issue, there aren't many on the
forum who don't have to contend with that! But it looks like you are
off to a great start, so enjoy!

Where is Rotherham?

Paul, I'm pretty sure he's in Rotherham, uk ( the houses and fence in one of the photos look very uk to me!)

And yeah, everyone has space issues! Keep growing as much as you can fit in!

Looking good so far Akybar...keep up the good work :)

Thanks a lot guys!
Can't wait to see the Krishna out and the Uba Tuba a bit higher!
Yes it's in UK, in the North, and with the lovely sun finally here those last days, we have a nice red chili now! Yeah!

And I'm the "She" growing the pepper for the "He" eating them. (I'm trying to adapt slowly to the hot of peppers but I'm still far from being able to eat those hot hot chilis)

Yes I think space is THE issue, we would do so much with a big big land! Haaaa! If only!

Back