beer Alaskan Brewing Company

Anyone a fan of The Alaskan Brewing Company? I grew up on this stuff! My favorite is their Alaskan Oatmeal Stout. Unfortunately we do not live in Alaska anymore and we do not have any distributors here. My only connection to this wonderful brew is my parents, who live in Wyoming and every time they come out our way I have them bring Alaskan Amber (only thing they carry out there). Beggers can't be choosers. Hands down my favorite brew.

But of course.

Alaskan Amber is my favorite hoskey.

Pics posted all over this forum.

Mostly in the cooking forums.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Not to my palate. I like Ales with Arrogant Bastard being my favorite. I also like Stouts.

Arrogant Bastard! You gotta be an arrogant bastard to drink that stuff! I haven't had one since we moved out of Alaska. I certainly wouldn't mind one again!

TrueNorthReptiles said:

Arrogant Bastard! You gotta be an arrogant bastard to drink that stuff! I haven't had one since we moved out of Alaska. I certainly wouldn't mind one again!
Come on over bro and I'll buy us some. ;)
Tried one of these tonight. Not a big fan. I do think the name is funny though. :rofl:

Proud Marine Dad said:
Come on over bro and I'll buy us some. ;)
Tried one of these tonight. Not a big fan. I do think the name is funny though. :rofl:

They sell those at a local pub here. Never tried one, though. Last time we were in Vegas we saw a Bubba Gump, but never got a chance to go. Mainly because it was on the strip and hence ridiculously overpriced. Are they any good?

TrueNorthReptiles said:
They sell those at a local pub here. Never tried one, though. Last time we were in Vegas we saw a Bubba Gump, but never got a chance to go. Mainly because it was on the strip and hence ridiculously overpriced. Are they any good?
It's pretty good food at Bubba Gump's but it's not great.
It's more of an entertainment because of the movie props in the restaurants and the waiters/waitresses ask Forest Gump trivia questions and so forth. It's just a fun place really. I have eaten at the one at Pier 39 in SF as well as the one in Monterey, CA on the ocean near the Monterey Bay aquarium. Both were good but I like the sea next to the one in Monterey more than the bay scene in SF.

Back