• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Albino Leaves

Curious; what's with that? Green veins and a very pale yellow, almost cream, colored leaf.
It doesn't seem to be a problem; within a couple of days it fills out to a nice green, like the others below it. The curl is from heat and flattens out after being out of the sun for awhile.
When I transplanted it I put some powered eggshells and milled cow manure in the bottom of the hole; that was the 18th of May.

AlbinoLeaves.jpg

not quite sure either but i left my plants alone and it tends to work itself out. tried spraying some seaweed/fish emulsion stuff on it?

franzb69 said:
not quite sure either but i left my plants alone and it tends to work itself out. tried spraying some seaweed/fish emulsion stuff on it?

They have all the food they need (soil-60%, worm casts-20%, milled cow manure-20% and eggshells); they do go green. I've just never seen anything like this before on a non-variegated plant. Cheers.

oh okay. so I guess they'll do alright. I guess you just have to water them and observe what'll happen for the meantime. =D

Blister said:
Could be a situation of too much water in the pot. Let it dry out a bit.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. It is a plastic pot, so it does hold water longer than my Terracotta pots do, of course. Thanks. I'll check that out.

I tend to just water my plants when I touch the leaves and they are soft or drooping (this is easy to see ). This way I never overwater them.
You can try making a hole in the bottom of the plastic cup.
Hope she comes back to normal soon.

Back