• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Aleppo or Bust

These look pretty good for the Aleppo they were supposed to be.. From what I can gauge by a run thru the intraweb. Fresh heat and flavor fairly mild, but hard to relate to other peppers I'm familiar with. Not as sweet as a Padron, but fresh and clean tasting, if that makes sense. Also a bit more flesh than Padron(red and ripe) and almost as juicy as a Roc.. In fact, I'd say that flavor is closer to a Roc than other Anns.
That sound about right?

20211001_143042.jpg
20211001_150441.jpg

Solution
Those look great, CF. I should have a ripe batch of Aleppo ready to harvest now. I dry them (seems someone may have mentioned this :think:) and crush them into powder or flake them, a traditional use I think they're well-suited too. Don't believe I've tried one fresh, but I think I'll give it a try this time.
Are they large enough for chile relleno?
I guess it depends on how big you make them? These were a little bigger than a store pepperoncini, but I think they'd be a touch bigger on a larger plant. Most of my stock is pretty dwarfed from the 1G pots.

I dried what we didn't eat of these, but I think I'm going with Amish Hot Finger, Espelette, and Sugar Cane for my big driers next year. These Aleppo and Padron were good, but they just don't stack up to the flavor profiles of those other three. I looked online to see what I could get Espelette powder for too.. That pretty much seals the deal for me.

Back