• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Alien baby's in Habaneros?

Ok, it's not aliens, but what are these white pea sized nuggets that grow inside some of the peppers? Last year I didn't see any until the end of the year, but this year a few of my first pickings have these? I'm thinking it's another pepper growing inside them, but now I'm concerned as these posts of worms and stuff have me paranoid:P

I realize this thread is almost worthless without pictures, so if needed I'll get some the next pepper I run into.

Thanks

Its mutant brain syndrome, at least thats what I call it. I get that too and sometimes they get big. Its just a pepper growing inside another pepper. Pretty weird looking.

I've had bells that would have another bell growing inside, strange indeed. I've never see it happpening with anything other than bell peppers.

can someone please post a pic of this phenomenon so that those of us who aren't in "the know" can see what you are refering to?

I promise to post a pic with the nest pepper I run into. If it's like last year I had this happen to about 5% of my habs....

Thanks for the response Potawie and all, as I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen this happen.

Thanks herne for the pics now that I see what you guys are talking about I have had that happen too. HAHA I always thought there was something wrong and tossed em out! OOPS

bjs2006 said:
I say we nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

I've seen that in orange habs before.

Awesome quote.

In humans this phenomenon is referred to as a "Beezore". I am too lazy at the moment to search the correct spelling so it may be off.

A beezore is a twin or underdeveloped fetus that is absorbed into the host and may remain as living tissue, usually hair and teeth and flesh.

Sorry to be so morbid, but there is a full moon and it is almost halloween!

I enjoy my pepper beezores fresh, but a "smoked Beezore" soup might be interesting! Definitely don't throw them out, they are a bonus.

Cheers!

Back