seeds All of the Jalapeños and none of the Superhots germinated?

I did not soak any of the seeds as some recommendations suggest.

All of the Jalapeños (different varieties, different suppliers) sprouted and growing their second leaf set. No sign of the Naga, Butch T, Moruga, etc.

I can estimate possible causes - but all things being equal, does that sound common?

Tools of the trade:
Heating Mat
Rapid Rooters
Generic tray with large dome
Dutch Master APS light nutrient solution
2' x 4 T5 lights - on at 6am - off at 10pm
In the closet. Not me, the peppers.

Anything in this equation raise an eyebrow?

some take time in those rapid rooters.  Mine took up to a month last time.  I think my reapers were around 6 weeks.  Patience my freind.

They've been in the rapid rooters - maybe close to a month?

Ok, I'll chill out. Maybe try a different germinating tactic last time along with the soak. I've found it difficult to keep those rapid rooters hydrated.

Thanks for the sanity check.
Nightshade said:
The temp could be the problem heating mat plus done and lights can produce rough temps
I was just typing my response at the same time. I think you might be right - hence the challenge in keeping them moist.

Sometimes I find if you fluctuate the temperatures for a a couple of days it can bring the stubborn ones out and break dormancy. Ie if they have been at 28degrees C for a month drop the temp to 22-23 for 24-48hrs and then bring them back up to 28 .. You often get a couple of pops within a few days.
This season I would say I have had around half of my total seeds pop after I removed the jiffy from the heat pad.
Also capsicum seeds germinate best with far red light (ie darkness)
I find the biggest barrier to good germination is simply my impatience

FWIW: I've gotten faster results with a thin plastic serving tray on top of my heat mat as opposed to the black plastic thing it comes with. I had 5 of 6 reaper seeds germinate with a presoak in 5 days and a white bhut, brainstrain, and orange 7 pot all germinate in 5 days as well without a presoak. Medium used is a blend of compost, generic potting mix and vermiculite. This is my current indoor LED indoor grow experiment which I'm 3 weeks into. Heating mat set to 83 degrees. I feel the heat transfer with the tray seems to be quicker and more efficient.

I've been fluctuating the temperature. BrianK, I'm not sure what you mean by thin plastic serving tray but is interested.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back