• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

shopping All Things Charcoal

I usually only use lump, and usually buy Price Chopper's store brand, which is made by Royal Oak but is about $2 per bag cheaper. I like B&B, but usually can't find it unless I go to a bbq store. Wal Mart occasionally carries it. They always carry Royal Oak, which is what I mostly end up with.

I love these things 😍 ($25/bag)

Well, they sure look pretty cool lol. I wonder if you can snake 'em? THAT would be awesome!

I usually only use lump, and usually buy Price Chopper's store brand, which is made by Royal Oak but is about $2 per bag cheaper. I like B&B, but usually can't find it unless I go to a bbq store. Wal Mart occasionally carries it. They always carry Royal Oak, which is what I mostly end up with.

I'm with you John, if I'm using lump it's Royal Oak, for the same reasons. I use lump in the Backwoods, but I use Kingsford briquettes in the Weber kettle. I'll use either one in the WSM, depending on what I'm cooking.

I generally use a mix of kingsford 2/3 with 1/3 mesquite lump coal in my BGE. I fill up my steel coal starter with the mix light a match with the paper underneath and its good for at-least 12-16 hours for low and slow temps at 225-250. set it and forget it . I set both the upper and lover vents at 1 and its perfect everytime for my briskets, pork butt roasts and ribs.

Don't trust him. They gave him a B&B hat. He's one of those "influencers"

Don’t forget the hoodie, Pook

Hat? Hoodie? All I got was these stinkin koozies! :rofl:

IMG_20210819_161654520.jpg

Depends on what neighborhood.

Back