• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All transplanted and getting hardened off ......

I just transplanted these guys yesterday (and a two just this morning) and am starting to harden them off. Three TSMB, one Douglah, one volcano pepper (a hungarian wax type) and one unknown that is either a yellow 7 pot (Im hoping) a douglah or another TSMB (I lost the label).

I think I planted the seeds sometime in January and have had them under a 4' x 4 bulb T5 in 1 gallon pots. I neglected them quite a bit (partially on purpose) so they wouldnt outgrow my space but now its time to let them take off. 5 gallon containers with recycled promix, perilite, worm castings and chicken compost with some tomato tone, a splash of blood meal and a cup of outside sand that I collect naturally from old volcanic mounds that are around where I live.

Day time highs are mid 60's-low 70's (although on that patio the temp is likely in the 80's from the sun heating the concrete). Night time lows are still in the low 30's though so Ill bring them in every night and take them out every morning until I can leave them out.

Yesterday I gave them 1 hour of evening sunlight as the sun was setting, today they have gotten about 3 hours of pretty intense sun and Ill leave them out all day in the shade and watch for wilting. So far so good!

img4299d.jpg

img4301m.jpg

img4300n.jpg

Gracias ... the took it so well I gave them a total of about 5 hours direct sunlight today. I gave them a hour break in the shade here and there but they never wilted once. Tomorrow Its supposed to be really nice so Ill give them morning sun and then sun in the evening again after work. Ive got them set up in the garage now so they dont bring any pests in to my indoor garden.

img4302e.jpg

img4303y.jpg

Lawn!?? What lawn...lol. I bought the house this winter and its been empty for two years beforehand. Thats the good spot! Lol...the entire fenced in half acre is dirt and weeds.

I have a crew coming next month to lay down several patios and walkways so that area will be poured over anyway. Then ill start on the lawn but yes its definitely needing some TLC . ;)

Looking at greenhouses and raised beds too! :)

Gracias ... the took it so well I gave them a total of about 5 hours direct sunlight today. I gave them a hour break in the shade here and there but they never wilted once. Tomorrow Its supposed to be really nice so Ill give them morning sun and then sun in the evening again after work. Ive got them set up in the garage now so they dont bring any pests in to my indoor garden.

img4302e.jpg

img4303y.jpg

When did you plant those and how many watts is that hid?

I don't remember exactly but late Jan/early Feb. That how is 400w but they've been under T5's up until today.

I was just tying to get an idea of the growth rate I'm having because I'm running a 400 watt hid too. What do you have in there hps? I'm using mh but mine have been under it longer and have been potted up for around a month and a half. I think..

You wouldn't want to compare these then. I let them set in solo cups for a full month ...then let them set in 1 gallon pots and I didn't feed them maybe once when they were just getting started.

As I mentioned I didn't take care of them well at all they should be 3' by now lol.

Not only that but they've been under T5's..only were under the 400 for a few days before I transplanted them and started hardening off.

So definitely dont use these to gauge anything lol.

However, my other priorities have finished and I'm now focused on getting these guys up to snuff! A nice transplant into bigger containers with a good soil/compost and perilite mix with organic amendments, real sunshine and we are off to the races!

I'm brewing them up an ACT for the next watering as well

BTW ...last year I did some bhuts under a 600 and had 3' plants in three months from seed

lol...I second that. lights are great I just planted 6 more types(choc bhut, red brain, fatalii, Caribbean red and a few sweet types) even thought it may be to late to get ripe pods with my season but even If that's the case I can bring them in under a 600w hps to ripen and then overwinter them so why not!? ;)

I just rigged up a light in my garage...I've got a full indoor growroom going with three tents...a.couple 600's and three 4' T5 units but I have a STRICT rule in that once a plant goes outside it doesn't go back into the room. To easy to bring pests in that could wreck havoc on the indoor garden. The garage will work fine though for hardening off and overwintering.

The white stuff is perilite ...its used to make a soil mix drain faster which allows more oxygen to the roots.

I go 1/3 compost, 1/3 soil, and 1/3 perilite for my soil mix and add 1.5 cups tomato tone or other granular fert per 5 gallon bucket.

Honestly these plants look kinda shitty IMO ...since I neglected them its to be expected ...but they will make a quick recovery I'm sure. Just had so many other projects going they ended up being an afterthought. I gotta say though these superhots are really getting putting a bug in me and I think they are quickly moving close to the top of the list.

Superhots are nothing short of badass lol

Back