• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Already Planning For Next Year, Need Some Help

With the season coming to a close within the next month, I've already started to plan for next year.

I had 8 plants in the ground, and 8 in grow bags. With the slow start to the warmer weather, the ground plants didn't do as well as the grow bags did, and I plan on moving everything to bags next year(and hoping to add even more). I was sent a post on Facebook that featured a nice looking stand(?) that someone had built for their plants, and I was wondering if anyone here has done the same(and if you have plans available)? I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about. 

Attachments

• 67464584_10162164691215581_6279764630868852736_o.jpg
    67464584_10162164691215581_6279764630868852736_o.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 104
Tybo said:
Sorry, no plans but it looks like everything would be overcrowded with that setup.
Yeah, whatever I figure out for this I plan to modify a bit so I don't run into too much of an issue with crowding. I want to do give or take 20 plants next year so I just want to maximize my space. 

I'm mainly just looking for ideas right now because I'm not the most handy person. I can follow plans, but have a hard time coming up with something like this on my own.

Tybo said:
Sorry, no plans but it looks like everything would be overcrowded with that setup.

That setup would grow peppers just fine.  Might take some selective pruning, but it would easily work.

Grow bags will probably need two things in that rack

1) A way to give some of the bags shade in the summer
2) Some kind of drip tray to cut down a bit on constant watering and nutrient loss.

I did not need either for mine until the summer heat kicked in. After that it was either water every day or use a 2" deep saucer.

Back