• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Alternative to plastic pots

Got these on ebay, 6.50$ for 25 1 gallon bags, all the way up to 17$ for 25 7gallon grown bags. They come with 4 hols on each side, you can add more as needed for better ventilation. Figured I'd give them a try since I don't want to buy more pots for 1$+ each! Here is a link, they got here really fast, and not it is not for my buisness.
Just figured i'd share if I can some someone some money I know it helps now a days!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25pcs-1-2-3-5-7-GAL-GROW-BAGS-Hydroponics-Soil-Garden-Container-Planter-Pots-/261011813012?pt=Planters_Pots&var=&hash=item3cc5843294

Here are some pics, 1 with just soil, 1 with the plant in it, 1 by my plastic pots

20120428_210810.jpg

20120428_211141.jpg

20120428_211349.jpg

oh yea they are as heavy as industrial garbage bags

I use some of those, it's dirt cheap in here, only cost $1 per kilo or about 35 piece of em, they do great for a while, after that it goes in the ground. If budget wise (i do), you can always use paper pot's, it cost none, just time to built em. Just my $0.2 cent.

I got a bag of these for $3 at a hydro shop, they work fine, although I don't know if I would use anything larger than a 1ga. I tore a few edges just moving a 1ga after watering.

I used the three gallon bags a few years ago with no problems. Couple of things I didn't like was hard to keep from ripping them when filled with dirt and plants and the way the dirt would shift when moving. I kind of like the idea of using the one gallon bags, be real easy to remove them at potting up time. Not real cost efficient with just one use though.

Good luck to you punn177

Back