• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Always a good day to grill

I got the chance today to grill again! Always enjoy doing that. Volunteered to cook for the superbowl get together at the local American Veterans. A great organization that helps vets. This is some of the gear we have but the fun is in cooking itself. That's where the joy begins.
20150201_1010481.jpg

one of our Rigs
20150201_0935161.jpg

Getting it prepped with the right grilling brush
20150201_1416431.jpg

1 of 3 batches that we got to cook.
20150201_1153061.jpg

Other add on's as the food keep coming on in
20150201_1144401.jpg

And then more
20150201_1314481.jpg

It keeps coming
20150201_0946131.jpg

Our Non profit Org.
20150201_0950581.jpg

Everything from Bear meat to grilled fish.. Just forgot to do a photo shoot of the fish. LoL!

grantmichaels said:
Thanks Grantmichaels, 
I have another trailer grill in the works but going to make that one for charcoal set up only with a big smoker box. I have the trailer, I'm just slowly collecting the material to make the boxes and such. Cheers pal!
The Hot Pepper said:
Look like you had fun, and great charity! Well done!
Thanks, Had a great time! Always have fun cooking outdoors. Makes it even more worthwhile doing it for good organizations. 

Very nice brother!! Love anything or anyone who helps are vets!!!! :) That's one monster cook looks like you've got something for everyone. And again THANK You for your contribution to our veterans :)
Cheers
images-3.jpeg

oldsalty said:
Very nice brother!! Love anything or anyone who helps are vets!!!! :) That's one monster cook looks like you've got something for everyone. And again THANK You for your contribution to our veterans :)
Cheers
attachicon.gif
images-3.jpeg
Always a good thing taking care of those who protect our freedom. Others did it for me when I served. Now it my turn to do it for the next generation of troops. Have one going on right at the moment for a formal dining in for an Army Company out of McChord,Ft Lewis, Wa. will try to get up pics a little later. Taking a quick break from it, Beer break... Cheers brother. 

Got the first batch of corn beef brisket desalinating to make pastrami. I'll do this in several batches in order to play with the rub. ie....Adding different hot pepper powders to a couple of different chunks. The first batch is going to be the recipe from THP's link. http://amazingribs.c...e_pastrami.html. Great read from there!
Got a couple soaking for the night Will follow with batches continuously till finished. I figure 3 batches. Total of 32lbs
20150304_1624591.jpg

Here my small charcoal smoker I'll use for this.
20150304_1735441.jpg

Tomorrow will make the rub and let it sit for another night and start smoking on Friday,Sat,Sunday. Cant wait to try them. :cheers:

Made up the rub. Gotta let it sit for 2 days. (I misread the recipe yesterday. Thought it was an overnight for the rub. Argh!! Throws off my weekend by a day.) Oh well, It will be worth it in the end. I Cant wait to start smoking them.
20150305_1310361.jpg

Now to start making the next batch. Cheers all.

WOW!  Awesome gear and cooking!  I'm just catching up on this.  We're in the Methow (Okanogan County.)  Howdy, Neighbor!

Hiya Salsalady, Thanks..Methow, Wa is some beautiful looking country. (goggled it)  I havent made it that far north eastern wa. yet. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to go further north east. Cheers

SL doesn't live in Methow, she lives in The Methow, see, Methow is a town in the valley that is The Methow, so if you don't say "The" she gets upset, because Methow is like the crack town of The Methow. :lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
SL doesn't live in Methow, she lives in The Methow, see, Methow is a town in the valley that is The Methow, so if you don't say "The" she gets upset, because Methow is like the crack town of The Methow. :lol:
Oki doki! My bad. I now stand geographically corrected, :)  I think I may need to get out more.
sicman said:
when I die please put me in here
post-10369-0-50869000-1422866267_thumb.jpg
Is that with the meats or without? Just curious as to what marinades or dry rub you prefer. We dont want to send you over with that proverbial itch of being done wrong. :D

Back