Am I crazy or just lazy lol

Been fighting with my raised beds going hydrophobic even the new raised bed mix is fricken doing it  wet on top dry as a bone underneath. I either have to get more expensive soil mix or  fix the soil I have. I said screw it got me some compost and a $285 soil mixer lol.

Attachments

• c9c00b7d-32ae-407e-9d30-b8c0e9e6b16c_400.jpg
    c9c00b7d-32ae-407e-9d30-b8c0e9e6b16c_400.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 59
Rymerpt said:
That why I created a teen age son.

Please tell me how you get him off the couch and his face out of his phone :) Money dose'nt even work with mine even when I have him do stuff I got to go back and redo it I finally gave up. Smart kid and I love him but it's best we do not work together lol

I just got this thing put together and Man it's the most awesome soil mixer ever looks like I can do like 10 bag's of mix at one time why did I not think of this a long time ago. I told the wife it was a composter so I wouldn't have to lay cement :)

Top dressing with the compost works fine - the worms will work it in.  But I would have bought the mixer for all future soil builds.
If you want to know what crazy really is, I'll tell you.  I probably put together 2 square yards of potting mix every single year, and I do it all BY HAND.  As in, mix it, turn it "a mano", amendments and all.  Why?  Because I LOVE the feel of nature between my fingers...  It's my guilty pleasure. (°_°)

solid7 said:
Top dressing with the compost works fine - the worms will work it in.  But I would have bought the mixer for all future soil builds.
If you want to know what crazy really is, I'll tell you.  I probably put together 2 square yards of potting mix every single year, and I do it all BY HAND.  As in, mix it, turn it "a mano", amendments and all.  Why?  Because I LOVE the feel of nature between my fingers...  It's my guilty pleasure. (°_°)
Your not alone, I lay out a 4x4 metre tarpaulin and pour my mixture onto it and mix it all in with a shovel then a fork. It's time consuming but strangely satisfying..

Scoville DeVille said:
That's a great idea. It will do a good bit at one time, 250 lbs or the volume of 3 80lb bags of mortar.

Also good for mixing spice blends or giant batches of salsa. :rofl:
I'm with Scovie giant batches of salsa sound like a winner. But mixing spice blends in that might cause wide spread panic in your neighborhood. :)

Back