• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Am I doing organic fertilizer right for my pepper plants?

solid7 said:

I use alfalfa hay, period.
I've never had any alfalfa grow that I didn't plant intentionally from seed; however, it's not a bad thing.  Alfalfa creates a very healthy symbiotic relationship with other plants.  If it goes to seed, cut it down, and leave it in the pot.  It becomes mulch and fertilizer.
You are one worried fella.  LOL

Good thing to be worried. like i said when i joined here in introductions that i posted that its been pretty much 10 years since i have grown peppers. wouldn't you?

Codeman said:

Good thing to be worried. like i said when i joined here in introductions that i posted that its been pretty much 10 years since i have grown peppers. wouldn't you?

Not if I was asking people who are dedicated to the art. ;)
Tell me you're growing heirloom tomatoes in Florida, and there's a cause for worry.  Peppers? Never.
You'll be OK, man.  Like I said, keep it simple, and learn as you go.  Nobody gets everything right the first time.  The best growers just build on years of experience and a never-ending quest to grow better.

solid7 said:

Not if I was asking people who are dedicated to the art. ;)
Tell me you're growing heirloom tomatoes in Florida, and there's a cause for worry.  Peppers? Never.
You'll be OK, man.  Like I said, keep it simple, and learn as you go.  Nobody gets everything right the first time.  The best growers just build on years of experience and a never-ending quest to grow better.

Ah ok i see now.

Back