dehydrators Amazon deal of the day - Excalibur 3926TB 9-Tray Electric Food Dehydrator

`
I've had this model for just over 10 years and highly recommend. While it may seem excessive in size there are times when only half the racks fit due to size of the peppers, not rings but halved bonnets shall we say... Temp control a premium +! Lowest setting dries without killing seed viability... Medium heat for good color. Higher settings for fast results.

Make sure you get a few ParaFlex sheets. Indispensable for fruit roll-ups, finely chopped garlic or onion, etc.

PS... My MIL bought this for me and paid $399. A hundred seventy five bucks a bargain!

That was a good price ($295 now).

Does Excalibur still put their units on sale after the first of the year?

I bought my 3900 a couple years ago direct for $199 (regularly $299).

Not sure how much it differs, but today Woot (Amazon owned) has an Excalibur 9-Tray (model 2900ECB) for $154.99. While the model number is lower, it has the same capacity and the adjustable heat goes lower (95 degrees) than the above model - which is good for peppers. I think it lacks the built in timer features.

https://www.woot.com/

hottoddy said:
Not sure how much it differs, but today Woot (Amazon owned) has an Excalibur 9-Tray (model 2900ECB) for $154.99. While the model number is lower, it has the same capacity and the adjustable heat goes lower (95 degrees) than the above model - which is good for peppers. I think it lacks the built in timer features.

I bought that model (Excalibur 2900ECB 9-Tray) last autumn for $134 shipped on Amazon.  Some reviews mention the lowest temp is 95 F, and the wattage is lower (400, I believe, vs 600), but I didn't find that to be the case.

Temperature settings are 105 F to 165 F on mine.  Wattage is also the same, 600 (mine measured 618 watts when set to 145, for jerky).  The only difference that I can discern is the lack of a timer - I use a digital wall timer, or just set an alarm on my phone.

I was pretty confused when I ordered it, and perhaps they made different versions of that model.  But just found this on YouTube (edit: it's from March 2017 - I bought mine in Oct 2017), so it's not just my unit.

Uk2kxV1.jpg

Enjoy macing your entire house.  With a bathroom door closed and a vent running 24/7 and pointing directly outside, you can smell the airborne oils about 4 or 5 feet outside the door.

If I could live in my house and use this, it would have seemed like a great bargain.  I got mine years ago for a similar price.

Back