• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Anaheim pepper drooping problem..pics included

Here is my Anaheim pepper plant. The leaves seem to be drooping a lot. Is this normal or is there something I should be looking for. There is nothing under the leaves that I can see. Any advice is appreciated.

anaheim2.jpg

anaheim.jpg

I wouldn't have thought it was water as it has rained and rained and rained here for days. Yesterday and today are the first days we haven't had any rain. But I'll give it a drink. Thanks.

Take it out of the sun. Also before you water check and see if the soil is dry all the way down into the pot. Your leaves look more like they're drowning than drying out. Either way, out of the sun for a few hours and then limit it to five or six hours of sun a day.

Take it out of the sun. Also before you water check and see if the soil is dry all the way down into the pot. Your leaves look more like they're drowning than drying out. Either way, out of the sun for a few hours and then limit it to five or six hours of sun a day.

Ok when you say out of the sun, do you mean just directly? Is it ok to leave it in the heat if it's in the shade from a tree?

Could be it just didn't harden off as well, I have 1 habanero that as soon as I put it outside in the sun it immediately drops(all his buddies the same size are fine), I haven't had a lot of sun as its been cold and rainy the past few days... and I mean real cold 3C nighttime temperatures but my plants are in containers and come in every evening, the last few days they were inside in the day as well as 7C was our daytime high.

Could be it just didn't harden off as well, I have 1 habanero that as soon as I put it outside in the sun it immediately drops(all his buddies the same size are fine), I haven't had a lot of sun as its been cold and rainy the past few days... and I mean real cold 3C nighttime temperatures but my plants are in containers and come in every evening, the last few days they were inside in the day as well as 7C was our daytime high.

I assumed it was hardened off well but I do not know for sure because I bought it from a nursery. It hasn't been this droopy though the last few days. I thought maybe overwatering because of all the rain but the leaves aren't really yellow. I'm going to try to move it to less sun and see what happens.

It look like a lack of hardening off to me as well. I suspect that the nursery didn't harden it off well. I had a similar (but less severe) issue with one of my tepins last season. It fought back and eventually perked up. I agree with the suggestions of the earlier poster. Limit the sun to a few hours a day, and gradually increase it to a full day.

Hey CCW, thought I would update you with hardening pictures.....no not those type, the hardening off of peppers! This is my one little guy that just won't go out and play with the other kids.

Here is the before picture, this morning as it sits alone on a south facing window, the sun to high to allow it to reach the ledge:

HPIM1804.jpg

Now here after I forced it to play with the other kids, outside, I was kind and didn't put it in direct sunlight and left it under the protection of his Mexican friend, Chiletepin ... to shade him from the bad guys, still a little frightened, here is his picture:

HPIM1806.jpg

I haven't treated this pepper any different then any other, he is just more sensitive, I hope he's not gay .... did I just write that?

Back