• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ancient Sweets

I know these aren't hot, but someone brought 3 of these to hot pepper night. Everyone thought that they were plastic until you held one in your hand. These things were huge! Close to a foot long and the top was 2.5 inches across. They had a much better taste than bell peppers and had a real sweet red pepper taste. Except for the top area, that is filled with seeds, the bottom 10 inches was hollow and great for stuffing. We were given a mixture of two cheeses, bacon bits, and scallions. We added minced Fatalii and a bit of Brain Strain fresh to the stuffing. It was great. Not too hot, but the great taste of the Ancient Sweets came out. Sam's is carrying them. I think you could base a lot of recipes using these peppers as the vessel for your concoctions. I found some today, but there were only a few bags left, and someone else got all the really fat ones, but even the skinny ones are 2 inches wide.

Love Ancient Sweets! The first time I ran into those beauties was in Meijer here in Michigan. I bought a pack and loved them, so I saved the seeds. I am actually growing them this year, so I look very much forward to them. Thanks for sharing!

Yea buddy! THings are huge! I have em growing this year too. If you need seed let me know. I picked up one at a local fresh market here, the thing was like the size of a newborn baby! I think I got a pic somewhere too.

The first time I had those was at Peppers in Rehoboth, DE where Johnny McGlaughlin of Heartbreaking Dawn's was stuffing them with elk or rabbit or something like that and grilling them. Very nice pepper. Makes great poppers too I bet.

Back