And so it begins.......

This thread is dedicated to my dear friend moyboy, as is the original name that is on the drum. Bwahahahahahaha :hell:

003-1.jpg

Even this picture of a plain drum is miles beyond Pippy's progress!

Ok time for an update.
Today i got motivated and what with my extraordinary skill set and some tools i removed the lid from a 208 litre oil drum.

Tools,
Photo053.jpg

Drum with lid removed,
Photo052.jpg

Using a hole saw i whacked a 25mm hole in the bottom so i could install a 3/4" ball valve for the air intake,
Photo055.jpg

Then using a 6mm drill bit and drill punched 6 holes around the circumference of the drum to install some stainless steel bolts to hold the smoke rack,
Photo054.jpg

I then added a pretty stainless handle to the lid so i can use it as a sheild for when pippy visits!

Novacastrian said:
I then added a pretty stainless handle to the lid so i can use it as a sheild for when pippy visits!
LOLOL

thehotpepper.com said:
Nice handle.

Yes the handle is very nice as it was very free :) In fact all up in total so far this has cost me sweet F/A to build, in fact im at work so im getting paid to build it!

I just figured out how i am going to put a door on it too, it's going to be a slider...

I could pick a few problems in your drum but I won't.....:P

BAMS don't say anything...:)

It all pretty easy when daddy owns the shop, and you have the time to do it at work.......

moyboy said:
I could pick a few problems in your drum but I won't.....:P

BAMS don't say anything...:)

It all pretty easy when daddy owns the shop, and you have the time to do it at work.......
Arm chair drum builder!

a S/S handle will get very hot.......Shouldn't be a drama but that's why webbers use the wooden handles....

It's much easier to pick up a stainless handle than an imaginary one.

it seems I can't even make a serious comment any more.....:rolleyes: I think I've had even for the day....bye bye

moyboy said:
it seems I can't even make a serious comment any more.....:rolleyes: I think I've had even for the day....bye bye
The handle won't get too hot. Smoking is not the same as grilling. That's my serious answer.

Hey whaty happened to chllimans post, first it said peerrtty then it changed to "tidier than mine". ??

Anywayz Boutros, i give to you. THE DOOR. Btw screw buying a webber lid that would cost me money, arggghhhhhh!!!

Hole for door.
Photo057.jpg

Hole for door with flaps welded around perimeter.
Photo058.jpg

Door fitted. (there will be some minor smoke leakage but i can live with that)
Photo059.jpg

Back