And the madness begins again - 2014 pods. Bodacious F2

Many thanks to Omar Soto for sending me one of his own hybrids. This one is named after the most dangerous Bull in Bull Riding history, which seems appropriate.

Beautiful coloured pod that has a very strong C.chinense and general "superhot" type of aroma, but there is also a very distinct aroma of grapefruit, which is fruity, slightly bitter and refreshing. 

The flavor is also generally fruity, with a big hit of chinense, but more Naga-like than Hab. or Scorpion or other superhots. It`s a very strong flavour, but it does`t last long. The heat is right upfront and is very hot right off the bat. The heat and pain then dive straight to the back of the throat and make it a little difficult to talk for a couple of minutes, before the heat makes its way to the surface of the tongue and starts to really burn the surface off. That`s where it stays and after a couple more minutes it fades very quickly, leaving a good warmth behind.

This would be a great pepper to use in cooking, especially salsas and sauces. Very savoury, excellent flavor and a nice big kick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S7KswyBk5w&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Yahooo! Nigels back in the saddle again. Or should I say back on the Bull! Ride em Nigel, ride em!!! Good review!

meinchoh said:
Pepper season has officially kicked off! Great job....Would you be growing any Antilles Fire this season, Nigel?  ;)
I do not have Antilles fire plants, Ed. I knew I`d forgotten to send you something. Damn it, I`m really sorry. I will find you some pods by hook or by crook!!!
jedisushi06 said:
I should have a few pods for you to review this year.  
Thanks Mikey, very kind of you!

Great review Nigel, that peppers sounds like a real Kicker, better tie your hand down tight.. Ha!  I grew some Antilles Fire this season, but I can't find them now, either they got mixed up somewhere or someone decided to help themselves to a few of my peppers as I'm short on the numbers, I'm also missing some F6 crosses I started from seeds that I got from Chris.
I still have seeds of both so I may just grow a couple next year to supply me with more seeds, as I'm growing mostly wilds next season, if someone did take a few they're in for quite a surprise when they try some.

Gettin' our first Nigel fix of the season!

Back