for-sale Annual Birthday Sale - SFRB - $11.90

This will be our second annual Birthday Sale.  Last year we put up 50 boxes for the sale.  This year we are putting up 51.  Can you guess how old I will be on Sunday? 

Why $11.90?  I want to keep doing this every year.  i dont make much off the sale, but it is fun.  So I came up with a price strategy that keeps up with my age and the post office.  The post office is now charging $6.80 to ship the small flat rate box, I am turning 51, so figure I'll make $5.10 off each box.  Sounds as sound as my other business ideas.

What will you get? - If you ask around, folk were very happy last year.  I think I will manage the same this year.  If you follow the link below, you will see a list of what has been coming ripe this year.  What comes in your box will be from that list and any other selection that might be ripe on the day your order is picked, packed, and shipped.

Link to what is Ripe - Link to the Birthday Box
 ​
When will you get your Box? - Last year, I tried to stick to our normal policy of picking, packing, and shipping next business day.  Adding 50 boxes to my normal work load nearly killed me.  This year, the sale is this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I will start shipping on Monday but I am not planning on killing myself with 51 boxes to ship on top of the normal boxes going out.  I am going to shoot for 10 Birthday Boxes a day depending on the other work load.  So there could be a delay of about a week.  Still, will do my very best to get them out fast.​
 ​
How do I buy a Box? - Please click here to visit our Online Store.  My memory is horrible.  I have learned that if I do sales via email or private message that I goof things up.  If you use the online store, the thing keeps me up to date and everything runs smoothly.

​

Thank you.  Kind of miss the social part of farmers market.  THP and Facebook help.  Hoping next year to get the farm together enough to start doing some sort of social events.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.
12 boxes in the first hour.

At $11.90 a box, USPS gets a bigger cut than me.  So please don't think I am bragging.  Just the opposite. I am about crying.  Between the surgeries and the hospital stays, I really doubted I would get everything in the ground and make it to harvest.  Maybe its the whole I survived 51 years thing.  Maybe I ought to be watching that movie Logan's Run on my birthday.  Its just that financially, physically, emotionally... wow, I made it another year.

No, the farm is not in great shape yet.  But being able to add that word 'yet' to that sentence feels great & it is mostly possible thanks to patrons and the friends I have made here.  You guys are great.  Thank you for letting me raise my children in this beautiful life and location.

Uh, 15 boxes.  OK, now I really am crying.  Not saying the birthday sale will save the farm, but oh damn it is a good start.  Thank you, thank you thank you....

ajdrew said:
Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.
12 boxes in the first hour.

At $11.90 a box, USPS gets a bigger cut than me.  So please don't think I am bragging.  Just the opposite. I am about crying.  Between the surgeries and the hospital stays, I really doubted I would get everything in the ground and make it to harvest.  Maybe its the whole I survived 51 years thing.  Maybe I ought to be watching that movie Logan's Run on my birthday.  Its just that financially, physically, emotionally... wow, I made it another year.

No, the farm is not in great shape yet.  But being able to add that word 'yet' to that sentence feels great & it is mostly possible thanks to patrons and the friends I have made here.  You guys are great.  Thank you for letting me raise my children in this beautiful life and location.

Uh, 15 boxes.  OK, now I really am crying.  Not saying the birthday sale will save the farm, but oh damn it is a good start.  Thank you, thank you thank you....

Go AJ Go.  Rooting for you.  

tims77 said:
ordered 3 and shared!
Thank you Sir.  We are down to 27 so chances are that statement about not being able to get this all out on Monday is going to apply, but you will love your box. 

ajdrew said:
I am going to shoot for 10 Birthday Boxes a day depending on the other work load.  So there could be a delay of about a week.  Still, will do my very best to get them out fast.​
 ​

Good stuff. Looks like they'll all be sold in a day.

Hopefully, to make the load a little easier on you, I volunteer for you to wait until the following Monday (Aug 29 or later) for picking and shipping my order.

Invoice ID
PBM_3748

balages74 said:
Cant get one being non-US resident, but wish you Happy Birthday! :)
In what seems like a former life, I had a book and gift store in Columbus, OH.  Every year, on the store's anniversary, we had a 50% off sale.  We served beverages and snacks.  Lots of patrons came just for the comradely.  Same sort of thing only no beverages and snacks.  Back then, was thrilled when people came just to say congratulations on keeping the place going for another year.  Feels the same with your Happy Birthday.  Congratulations for living another year.  I will take that as many years as I can.  Thank you.

birthday01_zpsmyu9iivg.png

Thank you Grant.  It looks like I was a wee early on yellow scorpion.  I try to time it so they get there ripe.The green one that looks moruga is green moruga.  They turn a slightly darker green but get soft at about the same time.  Even then,the seeds don't seem mature. Having fits,same for green tomato.

Back