• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Annuum blooming

Hi guys. I have something new happening. My 2011 chilies are standing now about 8 inches tall, and most of the annuum are loaded with flowers. What do I do? My gut feeling tells me to cut them, such that they don't stun growth, but before I do I'd like to hear your opinion.
What could be the reason for this? I do keep them with a 250 W CFL grow light at a temp of about 80 degrees, but still, this has never happened to me.

what are you using for fertilizer?
what kind of annumms are they?

i started using a kelp fertilizer mix and foliar spray and all my chinenses are in full flower and 1 hab has a pod starting, only my fresno have just started to bud.
my super chili started to flower and produce at this time last year and produced right up until it died in Novemeber. it was 2 full years old.
about 5 years ago, i had a similar situation with my goatsweed, they flowered mid March, i just let them go being so thrilled and then enjoyed sizzlin' hot peppers all summer long.

Haven't used any fertilizer yet. I had them germinate in a peat moss mix with vermiculite, which was said to have sufficient nutrients for the first 2 months. The kinds flowering are Thai (I assume annuum), Amando, goatsweed, Cayenne and one long chocolate habanero. The other chinense, frutescens, baccatum are much smaller and haven't reached this stadium yet. The Manzano and small Rocoto (pubescens) are however starting to show signs. Will get some pictures posted.
BC, do you fertilize the flowers by hand? I only have my soverano (4 y old)which continues to produce peppers all winter without any interaction.

Back