• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Annuums...baccatums...hottest varieties?

I think the hottest Baccs start with Inca Red Drop! and Pimienta Trapadiera,,,I would prolly go with Biker Billy Japs as the hottest Annuum.Mebbe slip in the Lumbre! ;)

:cool:
Kevin

I think the hottest Baccs start with Inca Red Drop! and Pimienta Trapadiera,,,I would prolly go with Biker Billy Japs as the hottest Annuum.Mebbe slip in the Lumbre! ;)

Kevin

What other Capsicum Baccatum varieties have you tried and compared to the Inca Red Drop? Aji Omnicolor pods here seemed hotter for the most part than Inca Red Drop. I read mentions of Criolla Sella being a very hot Baccatum that I have yet to try.

Goat's Weed is among the hottest Capsicum Annuum variety I have tried thus far.

Hottest annuums are probably tepins/pequins and some thai/asian varieties (look here). Nepali i've grown this season had a piercing and lasting heat. Vietato and Indian PC-1 are a couple of other very hot annuums i know.
Aji Cito should be the hottest baccatum. Some other really hot baccatums i'm aware of are Aji Ethiopian Fire, Bird Aji and Aji Russian Yellow.
There's more for sure, also your experience may vary relating to your seeds sources...

Cya

Datil

Hottest annuums are probably tepins/pequins and some thai/asian varieties (look here). Nepali i've grown this season had a piercing and lasting heat. Vietato and Indian PC-1 are a couple of other very hot annuums i know.
Aji Cito should be the hottest baccatum. Some other really hot baccatums i'm aware of are Aji Ethiopian Fire, Bird Aji and Aji Russian Yellow.
There's more for sure, also your experience may vary relating to your seeds sources...

Cya

Datil

Yup, Aji Russian Yellow packs a bit of a punch. Blondie is another very hot Baccatum. It might even be the hottest Baccatum I've had yet.

Kevin

Biker Billy wasn't hot at all for me but I've heard reports of others ending up with dud heat too. :mope: It's a shame 'cause mine were huge and had a really good taste!

For annuum: Chiltepin/Pequin, Some of the Thai and Indian varieties of cayenne and/or birdseye types.

For baccatum: Aji Limon or "Lemon Drop", and Aji Omnicolor.

Aji Omnicolor is the hottest ive had i find it much hotter then inca reddrop.
For annuums how about goat weed or Indian PC-1 (Naga jolokia)? I never had an biker billy pod so cant really say.

//Oscar

I read mentions of Criolla Sella being a very hot Baccatum that I have yet to try.

Goat's Weed is among the hottest Capsicum Annuum variety I have tried thus far.

I have grown Criolla Sella for a couple of years now and they are not hot but have very good taste. Nice in chili jelly or powder if you remove the seeds

For anuum, Goats Weed definitely is a strong contender. I have also had good luck with unnamed thai/SE asian varieties, especially anything with upright pods that was grown from seed from peppers open pollinated near chinense varieties. In my book, F1 hybrids produce the best and most interesting fruit, unfortunately they almost never make stable seed, so I have to forever continue with my mutant garden.

Could you clarify that when you say not hot do you mean compared to other Capsicum Baccatum? Peter describes Criolla Sella as very hot.

What was the source of your Criolla Sella?

They have an estimated scoville rating of 30.000 according to some websites and I think thats about right, about as hot as Aji Colorado(another nice tasting Baccatum in powder form)
I got my seeds from a site that ends in .co.uk that was before I found semillas.de(get your seeds from Peter always excellent service)

Back