• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another AACT question

My compost is not ready yet so I put two scoops of Kellogg Garden soil in the bucket of water and added some molasses but I am thinking it is not aerobic because the soil probably doesn't have any living good bacteria in it sitting in the bag correct? It's been going over night and there is no foam so I guess I am just making an aerated soil drench with some good nutrients in it since the soil contains forest humus, bat guano, worm castings, chicken manure, kelp meal, bone meal and alfalfa meal.

theres no telling what processing Kellog has done to that stuff...no one can give you an answer dude...at best you are feeding them a lighter drench than they would get by being planted into the kellog

theres no telling what processing Kellog has done to that stuff...no one can give you an answer dude...at best you are feeding them a lighter drench than they would get by being planted into the kellog

Thanks Rich. What do you recommend I do when my compost pile is not ready? My grass is Bermuda infested with crabgrass and every weed known to taxonomists. :banghead:

There is a little foam on top now but I don't know if that means there is good bacteria or not.

PS I tried to send you a PM Rich but it says you can't accept any messages.

Thanks Rich. What do you recommend I do when my compost pile is not ready? My grass is Bermuda infested with crabgrass and every weed known to taxonomists. :banghead:

There is a little foam on top now but I don't know if that means there is good bacteria or not.

Just throw in some of that, " Bermuda infested with crabgrass and weeds." Unfinished compost is fine for tea as long as its not the sludge you get from not mixing it.

Grass clippings are good, and compost is good, sooo why not half composted grass? :P

Added some turkey compost to mine.

I bet that is some good stuff. I have heard that if you compost the straw bedding, it counts as the Carbon(brown) and the Nitrogen(green) which compost needs.
I heard this for chickens but I doubt there is a difference. I wish I had land, I would make a coop and get some chickens.

I bet that is some good stuff. I have heard that if you compost the straw bedding, it counts as the Carbon(brown) and the Nitrogen(green) which compost needs.
I heard this for chickens but I doubt there is a difference. I wish I had land, I would make a coop and get some chickens.

Not sure what Turkeys eat but the reason chicken manure is so good is because they eat seeds and the seeds are a fantastic source of nitrogen I believe.

It is called Ladybug turkey compost. Ladybug makes several all natual products. It is made in Austin, TX.

Good local stuff.

Back