• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

breeding another cross... wtf!

Ok so i have a few naga morich planted and the one is dumping ripe pods and the other is loaded with green ones. I stopped at the garden and found this. Has to be crossed with either douglah, chocolate ts or chocolate scorpianaro

CAM00779_zps8aa2f0bb.jpg

CAM00778_zps5aec15ce.jpg

Tasty looking pod, outside of all the variabilty the next generations will have, it looks like another keeper to me.

Where did this year's seed originate from again?  Someone may not have bagged their blooms too well.

And is there any chance that this plant was mislabeled, as opposed to another cross?

Edit: or what Joyner said, funky early pods, which also happens with other pepper types. You may have to wait for the next round of pods.

Jetchuka said:
Tasty looking pod, outside of all the variabilty the next generations will have, it looks like another keeper to me.

Where did this year's seed originate from again?  Someone may not have bagged their blooms too well.

And is there any chance that this plant was mislabeled, as opposed to another cross?

Edit: or what Joyner said, funky early pods, which also happens with other pepper types. You may have to wait for the next round of pods.
Yeah a really cool pod for sure! Those weren't bagged last year and i knew i was taking a chance with them. My good naga Morich throws tons of the 3 sided wedge shaped red pods that hang down. These are misformed grow upward and look to be turning brown. Lol.. Not complaining just wish i knew what it was

How do the leaves compare on your good Naga to this one? I haven`t grown Nagas, but these leaves look a bit annuum-y to me. 

Nigel said:
How do the leaves compare on your good Naga to this one? I haven`t grown Nagas, but these leaves look a bit annuum-y to me. 
I'm not there right now and honestly don't remember. The others that are brown are all Chinese tho.

Back