• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another guess the pepper.

The first one, from what I can tell is a Thai Chili pepper? The first one I ate, was only a little hotter than mild, but the few I ate this morning with breakfast were respectfully hot (to my standards...). They were from a bright orange to a rich red, about .75"-1" long. The pic is of a dry one, I ate all the fresh ones I had left...

0809091501.jpg

This one has very little heat and a sweet, almost cherry like flavor. It is about 8"-10" long. Coloring is a dark red.

0809091509.jpg

The pics were taken with my phone, as I don't have a camera at the moment.

I too think the larger one is an elephant trunk. I've been reading and looking at pictures all day.

The smaller one I still think is some type of thai, but there are so many small red peppers that look alike.

Ratman667 said:
I've been reading and looking at pictures all day. .

Sounds like moyboys day, 'cept he just looks at the pretty pictures. :rofl:

Sorry cant help with the I.D. further, dried pods are real hard to identify.

Edit: Top one COULD be a Tabasco.

Oh i know. I'm trying to start a few of the seeds, so if and when they produce, I'll get pics of the whole plant and the pods. I'm really not too worried about the name, as I like them. It would just be nice to know in case I pass some of the seeds on.

Yeah the little ones, they are in my honest opinion Tabascos. All my ripe red Tabascos the stems nearly fall off. :P

Novacastrian said:
Yeah the little ones, they are in my honest opinion Tabascos. All my ripe red Tabascos the stems nearly fall off. :P

You are correct sire! I found some at the super market today, tasted one and it is defiantly a Tabasco... Good call!

Back