• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Another identify this pepper thread

In one of my seed trades, I ended up with something labeled, "bode amarillo." I think it may have been mislabeled, as I can not find any references to bode amarillo, and bode peppers are suppossed to have chinese leaves. This dosen't.

Here is the biggest pod so far.

What is this?

http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy28/mhalstern/?action=view&current=DSCN0152.jpg&evt=user_media_share

i can tell you what it is not

it is not Bode amarillo

bode amarillo is very habanero like in its shape and flavor, the picture shows a cayenne type and there are hundreds of those
i have a friend who grow the bode red and they both look the same except for color

it was definatly mislabeled

hope this helps a little

thanks your friend Joe

i can tell you what it is not

it is not Bode amarillo

bode amarillo is very habanero like in its shape and flavor, the picture shows a cayenne type and there are hundreds of those
i have a friend who grow the bode red and they both look the same except for color

it was definatly mislabeled

hope this helps a little

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks,

I had a feeling it was too early to determine what it was, but we now know what it is not.

Initial bad identification by me:

The pepper is an F2 superchile. It is on the same plant as some large facing down pods. The plant has a low branch which splits with a Y pattern. The posted pic is on one side that I thought was another plant.

Back