• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another Jalepeno Q

Hey guys,

The leaf curl on my Jalepeno is not getting any better, I've checked the soil (not soggy) and have applied a tonne of bug killer as there has been a bit of a beetle infestation (even after applying some stuff last night, came home today to a new beetle hole.. more bug killer applied)...

just wondering, as I've got a tonne of pods on the tree, its kicking off some new baby pods and new sprouts.. should I cut off all the pods and start again? They're all green but are getting the lines on them so I"m sure I could use them all for something.. pickling, sauce.. something..

Do you think I should prune him back or try and wait till they go red (hopefully not too long.. )

I was really hoping I'd have a tree full of red Jalepeno's but now I'm wondering if I'm better off cutting my losses..

any suggestions greatly appreciated as always,

Mel :)

Leave them alone. Flush your soil with water and then apply some patience!

The "lines" are called corking witch means the little buggers are getting hotter. You don't like waiting do you?

NO! i have limited patience.. but i have been rewarded today.. some are starting to turn black/red.. it seems to have perked up a bit today with the non-rainy weather so I'll wait it out.. but if i have soggy Jalepeno's I'll be blaming you!

Meh, blame me all you want. It doesn't change the fact that if they go soggy it will be YOU with the fail point.

Bwahahaahahahhahaah :hell: :rofl: :flamethrower:

lol.. yeh i know.. i'm pretty sure they'll be good tho.. hopefully next week WHEN I'M ON HOLIDAYS.. i can post pics of mr Jal with all red pods!

Sorry to burst your bubble but they won't all go red red at once smelly. If you want them to go red quicker you could hang the plant upside down but i doubt that you want to do that. You would loose your marbles... :drunk:

they might you know.. i am pretty talented :P... just a couple going red would be great though :)

its been in since oct/nov last year... was a present from my mum.. i've had a few red jal's off it.. just this time round its gone crazy with producing pods..

What you really need is a BIG container or to put them in the ground. Otherwise you really have to be savvy in the proper feeding of these bastages.

I have one thing else to offer. Get a worm farm and collect the worm jizz. Trust me you cannot go wrong.

mum has a worm farm... maybe next year they can go in the ground.. given that this is the first year growing (in pots to decorate my poool fence), its all trial and error.. next year I'll be on fire! (literally i hope!)

Back