• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Another LED Thread

N8thaniel said:

that link actually says the opposite

read about remote phosphur 
To me that was the author's speculation. It seemed sound but I wanted to keep it definitive.

I do believe that spectrum is important; but a bunch of lumens, even if not in the ideal range, will benefit plants more than those purply LED fixtures.

Smoke master I think everyone believes you contribute to the led discussion. I just don't think hid is hands down the best anymore. let's quit taking it as fact

Do others using LED's for their grow get really tight growth. My pepper seedling that include a Caramel Bhut, Bengal Naga, MOA Bonnet, Bih Jolokia, Purple Bhut and Caramel Moruga have really tight growth. The stem is super stocky and the plants are going on their 4th, 5th, and 7th set of leaves yet the plant is only about 5 inches tall. Do any of you using led's experience this kind of growth as well. Everyone else I know using MH or HPS their plants are tall by the time they are putting on their 6th set of leaves. I mean I am happy about getting a stocky strong bushy pepper. I am just curious as to others results?

SvtCobra said:
Do others using LED's for their grow get really tight growth. My pepper seedling that include a Caramel Bhut, Bengal Naga, MOA Bonnet, Bih Jolokia, Purple Bhut and Caramel Moruga have really tight growth. The stem is super stocky and the plants are going on their 4th, 5th, and 7th set of leaves yet the plant is only about 5 inches tall. Do any of you using led's experience this kind of growth as well. Everyone else I know using MH or HPS their plants are tall by the time they are putting on their 6th set of leaves. I mean I am happy about getting a stocky strong bushy pepper. I am just curious as to others results?
Inter-nodal spacing was very small. I've never run hid so can't say if it's better.

Back