• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another round of name that pepper...

I'm sure I'll be playing this game again later with all of the ebay/sketchy seed peppers I have, but let's do this one at a time, shall we? I've been posting pictures of this guy in my grow log, but I figured I'd give him his own thread and watch his progress. I got this from a friend, who got the seeds from another friend, (and so on and so forth). Nobody seems to remember what it is.

Growth habit:
IMGP0887.jpg

Flower (doesn't really show up well here, but they're ever so slightly yellow-green in color):
IMGP0723.jpg

Early fruit:
IMGP0876.jpg

IMGP0903.jpg

Whatever it is, I'm getting bad vibes from it.

I thought Paper Lanterns were supposed to be a lighter colored green before ripening... but yeah, I can see the resemblance.

My camera's zoom sucks, otherwise I'd get more detailed pictures of the pods. Not that it will do much good until they're bigger...

Ah well. I can wait. Right now this thing is setting pods faster than anything else I have, even though some of the other plants are larger. 2-3 flowers per node seems to be the norm with it.

Figured I'd update their progress. The pods have definitely filled out a bit in the midsection. Paper lantern seems to be a likely possibility, but I guess I just have to wait until they ripen...

IMGP1038.jpg

Back