event Another Trifecta for Defcon!

Well, went to the 1st Annual Zest Fest Midwest. I'm proud to announce our back to back Trifecta!
It's called the People's Preference Awards...Zest Fest does them at each event they do, which I find very cool. No judges, just the public, speaking their collective minds, and voting for what they like. I call it purity, let the people speak!

Anyway, there were about a dozen different categories, from BBQ Sauce to Hot Sauce, to Condiment, etc.
Well, we took 3rd Place for Condiment (our well-known Smokey Dust)
We took 1st Place for Wing Sauce (with our Defense Condition #2, medium, wing sauce)
And we took BEST OF SHOW! Life is good!

:clap:

Best of Show for which product? Or is that a product line award?

I live in Columbus and saw this event advertised in the paper.  This was also the weekend of the 41st annual Comfest.  Free, live music on multiple stages in the park all weekend and then a quick cab ride to the Zest Fest!  It was a great time.  Just being able to talk face to face with people about peppers is something that I have never done and it provided me with even more ideas and motivation.  Congrats on your success!

Congrats on the Awards !

:dance:

8559794025_ebe8001154_b.jpg

8559794201_8f49030367_b.jpg

Cool pics Ohio! Looks like a TX moment, lol! Yeah, it was definitely cool. We've taken the People's Choice (actually, they call it People's Preference, same thing!) Awards in the past, but man, we NEVER got a Best In Show, it was something! Over the years, I've come to the realization that awards are definitely something to shoot for...But NEVER expect them (perhaps it's a Karma thing). Perhaps near 9 years of work finally paid off. The cool part is, it isn't like the Golden Chile Awards, with pro-judges, these Awards are chosen by the public. They had a booth with touch screens that attendees could vote. It's a LOT different...To me, a LOT more personal, to have the people vote.

The product that took us over the edge for the win was our Defense Condition #2, medium Wing Sauce. If you've never had it, treat yourself. It's not over the top hot, we prefer taste over heat, especially with our medium. Honestly, there is no skill at making something hot, just add peppers. FLAVOR is what matters. With now 63 major international awards, if you haven't had our stuff, well, perhaps it's time you did...Just sayin'. :cool:

Back