• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ants on my plants

Hi all,

I've noticed this morning that there are a fair few ants on my plants, they've all got pods on them but the ants don't appear to be going near them, just all over the leaves, is this anything to be worries about?

Last time I saw ants, they where going after the flowers. Didn't bring in a single aphid and I ended up with double the usual number of pods that time.

cruzzfish said:
Last time I saw ants, they where going after the flowers. Didn't bring in a single aphid and I ended up with double the usual number of pods that time.
I saw this as well. Ended up being really good pollinators for me. I did see 1 plant with lots of ants that had aphids, but otherwise no issues

bravesfan said:
I saw this as well. Ended up being really good pollinators for me. I did see 1 plant with lots of ants that had aphids, but otherwise no issues
I got BLS at some point, but that probably wasn't them any more than it was anything else that went outside ever. 

I just noticed that the guy posting is from Australia. Meaning that the 'ants' he's getting are probably seven feet tall, on fire, and dripping with a toxic mix strong enough to melt concrete. if that's the case, then keep the door closed and look into ways to keep them out.

AlimacOZ said:
Hi all,

I've noticed this morning that there are a fair few ants on my plants, they've all got pods on them but the ants don't appear to be going near them, just all over the leaves, is this anything to be worries about?
Are they the smaller honey ants ?? I get those on all my plants but they go for the nectar/pollen of the flowers and don't cause aphid issues ever. They do however like to make nests in and around tthe pots... Only down side to them I have seen.

They sure are Trippa, they seem to be doing just that, I can't see any sign of aphids so I'll leave them alone for the time being.

Back