• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Any citrus expert here ? My lemon tree is dying. (pics)

Lil' update here adressed to everybody that helped me !
After a few days without doing anything apart recovering from the hard trimming and the fungicide treatment (I used Dr Zymes eliminator), the plant has started to produce new little green shoots everywhere, even some buds !
I'm really happy. I haven't added any fertilizer yet because the citrus potting soil had already some in it but I am planning on giving it some compost tea since It was on the schedule for my pepper plants this weekend.

Thanks again for the advices

rick_bender said:
Lil' update here adressed to everybody that helped me !
After a few days without doing anything apart recovering from the hard trimming and the fungicide treatment (I used Dr Zymes eliminator), the plant has started to produce new little green shoots everywhere, even some buds !
I'm really happy. I haven't added any fertilizer yet because the citrus potting soil had already some in it but I am planning on giving it some compost tea since It was on the schedule for my pepper plants this weekend.

Thanks again for the advices
Great news and show us some pics. 

rick_bender said:
https://imgur.com/2Z9gcNZ

Here it is, next to my sugar rush peach !

Tried to upload the picture as it was explained to me but didn't work ("you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.")

What device are you using to post?

2Z9gcNZ.jpg

I use imgur and do it different. I go into the picture I want to post on here and copy the BB link with the button they give you.. Then you can just use Ctrl+V to paste it on your post here, where you want it.. Just straight paste on the page, no buttons. 

rick_bender said:
Okay, so some questions about fertilizer : what kind of fertilizer do you recommend ? Any NPK i should aim for ? Dry or bottled ? I didn't dialed my citrus grow at all compared to my pepper one (and that's why today my plant is dying of course haha)

Just the fertilizer isn't going to be the life or death difference in that plant.  The plant will be fine with a balance fertilizer, that has all 17 essential macros and micros.  Focus on a good container media, don't overwater it, make sure it's well lit. Like the peppers.
My grandmother had a tangerine in a pot for 20 years, and did nothing fancy.  She just repotted it every 2-3 years, in fresh mix.  She knew absolutely nothing of plant science, or fertilizers.  Indoors under a T5 in the damp cool basement in the winter, outside under full sun in the summer.

Also, just wanted to note...   Overwatering is probably the single biggest problem for indoor citrus growers.  Citrus will thrive in sand, outdoors.  There are few substrates in nature more well drained than sand.  So that's a particularly strong clue to pay attention to what's in the container.  If you can't find the balance, I suggest maybe trying a succulent/cactus mix.

Back